Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
Trophy Bonded Bear Claws >

Trophy Bonded Bear Claws

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Trophy Bonded Bear Claws

Old 12-26-2002, 02:36 PM
Spike

Default Trophy Bonded Bear Claws

Anyone know of a dealer in Canada? Looked on Speers webpage and they don't show the Bear Claw?? Need Canada as it's too much hassle to get stuff over the border, now.
Old 12-26-2002, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Trophy Bonded Bear Claws

They aren't on speers web page because speer doesn't make them.Trophy bonded makes them.Wholesale sports in calgary stocks them.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:32 PM
Spike

Well stubblejumper now I'm confused. When I went looking for the Bear Claws i did a search and both Ensley's Shooting Supply and USA Midway show the Bear Claws made by Speer. USA has a picture you can look at.
I will call Wholesale as I couldn't find them in last years cataloge.
Thanks.
My profile was wrong as I'm in northern MB.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have ordered bear claws from the U.S. manufacturer in the past(still have a box of 7mm) and the box they came in says "trophy bonded bullets inc.".However after looking at a picture in the wholesale catalogue they now come in a box with a speer label.Speer must have recently bought out trophy bonded.I only hope the quality does not drop off as a result of the change in ownership.They are a new product for wholesale sports and are only listed in the new catalogue.The price has remained high as they are over $40 canadian for a box of 25 for most calibers.

Edited by - stubblejumper on 12/26/2002 23:31:21
Old 12-27-2002, 06:53 AM
Spike

Thanks, that clears that up. I rec'd an e-mail from Speer this morning saying they need to update their web site. Now the million dollar question, are they worth that much extra money?
Old 12-27-2002, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I tested them in my 7mmstw's and found that they weren't particularly accurate and the ballistic co-efficient is not all that high.The worst part is that they fouled my barrels much more due to the pure copper jacket.They work great on game but then partitions do just as well for much less money and foul a lot less.I no longer use them.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

To me I think they are the best bullet out there. You do pay for them but I just flat out love them. Its like others who are x bullet fanatics I find a load that they shoot good in my rifles. It mushrooms awesomely and retains over 95% of its weight most of the time. Can't ask for anything better or atleast to me you can't. Its the cats meow.

Brian

Old 12-29-2002, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gentlemen, both Hornady and Nosler are bringing out bonded bullets this spring......the competition should be good for all of us. For now however Swift leads the pack in bonded bullets with the super A-frame and the Shirocco......hell, the cost of a hunt compared to the cost of super premium bullets is a easy decision.......buy the good bullets any day. For $42 American I can have a fifty rounds of super premium bulets in my .30-06 for a lifetime. It's an easy decision!!
Old 12-30-2002, 01:53 PM
bigcountry

Wow, I thought it was just me with the real bad copper fouling. These things fouled more than barnes.