Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Look at this crap Accubonds >

Look at this crap Accubonds

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Look at this crap Accubonds

Old 01-20-2007, 07:39 PM
bigcountry

Default Look at this crap Accubonds

Man, someone must be falling asleep at the wheel at Nosler. I have a box of .308 with a few in like this. And these are from a box of .284" 160gr. All of them looked kinda bad with burnt spot on them, but these are deformed some.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:55 PM

Default RE: Look at this crap Accubonds

I'd be sending that picture to Nosler and seeing what they say. It doesn't fix the problem, but if they're willing to correct the situation....at least you'll be able to give us an idea about their customere service
Old 01-20-2007, 08:19 PM

Has this kind of Quality Control been common lately? Any bullets I should watch out for or avoid?
Old 01-20-2007, 09:25 PM
bigcountry

Tx, can't think of too many you need to watch out for. I do know mossyoak33 on here had a bad set of 180gr accubonds, that were flawed where they would seat tight at first but after then he could push the bullet up and down. I think they sent him another set and said a bad batch went out that was tapered wrong.

We pay high dollar for bullets these days, and its ashamed. But well see what they say.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nosler has a forum. I would post that picture on their forum. And then see what they do. Tom.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you shoot Nosler an email with the picture and details on the lot number, etc. I'm sure they would be more than happy to correct the problem and replace the box of bullets.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah I called Nosler and they asked me to send them 3 or 4 in a baggie for them to examine. I did that and maybe a week later a brand new box showed up at my house. Great after the fact customer service, not so good Quality control. I work on a production line that makes about 160,000 peices per week and I know occasionally we ship one out thats not in spec. Its the nature of the beast when mass production happens.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

BC, I have been using hornady interbonds due to the fact that they are cheaper than accubonds and perform as well. I did get 2 or three junk bullets in a box of 100. I think it just happens. I am actually only gonna use bonded bullets for elk and locked bullets for all else (deer andtelope). EJ
Old 01-21-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would definately call Nosler, bullets aren't cheap anymore.[]
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

The two to the left looks terrible but the other three just look tarnished and not expectable. I know I wouldn’t be happy...

Quick Reply: Look at this crap Accubonds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.