Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Lee Loader

Old 01-14-2002, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lee Loader

Has anybody used the LEE Loader? Its a handheld loader to do one caliber only. Just wondering if anybody has used it and how well it works. I already have the bullets/powder/primer picked, I just don't have room for a full size reloading bench.
Old 01-15-2002, 03:41 AM

Default RE: Lee Loader

You can't get any more basic. I loaded 12 ga. shotshells with one many years ago. It works, but is slow. I have one in .38 Special but have never used it.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

extremely slow and I would never load anything without weighing charges.The lee system depends on a cheap measure.
Old 01-16-2002, 12:53 AM

I started reloading with one and it works but a standard press and die system is much more useful. If you go with the lee loader you'll expand it's capability a lot by getting a set of powder scales instead of using the dipper.
Old 01-16-2002, 02:14 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-17-2002, 09:42 AM
Spike

If you have no room Lee makes a hand press kit. Pick up the calibre you need get a scale and you are off. I use a bench but I have the hand press to use if I need it. It does come in handy, like when you find more brass that need sized and you are in the middle of seating bullets.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-21-2002, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

charlie,

Here is a nifty alternative to a full reloading bench:

http://www.midwayusa.com/online/prod...&KeyWord=bench

"Every moving thing that liveth, I give unto you as meat" (Gen 9:3)

Trust God..........but keep your powder dry!
Old 01-21-2002, 12:26 PM

My friend at church used one of those when he was younger. He said that they do an excellent job. He loaded for his .308. He loved it cause he had more ammo that anyone else at deer camp. He didn;t need any extra ammo (he's a great shot but it helped pass the time) but He learned the basics while he was younger and is now into it very seriously with a full bench in his basement. By the way If your gonna buy a scale, dont buy a lee. What a peice of junk. Ive got one and it does well but I like thelyman better. Hope you have fun.
Old 01-24-2002, 07:37 PM

I have a Lee Turret Press with auto index that I bought many years ago as a kit from Midway. I can easily reload 200 rounds of pistol ammo an hour with it. I wouldn't waste my time or money on a single stage press because it's a very slow process and that's all you'll be doing is reloading if you have a single stage. Just too slow! I definitely do not recommend the Lee Progressive Press. I have a friend that has one and it's one big headace. If you're just getting started reloading, I would recommend the Lee Turret Press. Good Luck!