Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 OK to resize loaded ammo? >

OK to resize loaded ammo?

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

OK to resize loaded ammo?

Old 11-06-2006, 08:24 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Default RE: OK to resize loaded ammo?

SUCCESS! All 400 rounds now chamber OK, and it only took about 2 hours of work. I lubed the cases well, used the full body die (thank you, big country!), and increased the depth slowly until the rounds chambered.
For those concerned about my safety, I appreciate your concern and advice, but note the following:

1. I removed the priming gear to eliminate any chance of the primer contacting anything but air.

2. I practiced on empty brass first. I coated the entire piece with magic marker to see where the die was contacting. Then I proceeded cautiously.

3. As mentioned in my original post, the rounds were just SLIGHTLY oversized, so I didn't need to squeeze them much. (I wasn't trying to turn live 30-06 rounds into .308s or anything.)

Thanks again for your input, gentlemen.