Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 RCBS makes me want to puke..... >

RCBS makes me want to puke.....

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

RCBS makes me want to puke.....

Old 10-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: RCBS makes me want to puke.....

Isn't it amazing that it's cheaper to ship something that heavyacross the Pacific, than to pay workers to build it here.
There's a local furniture shop that makes high end furniture- (think about a $3500 chest of drawers, or a $4000 dining set and you'll get the picture) that closed up its local factory because it was cheaper to ship oak, maple, and cherry over to China and ship finished furniture back to the states. I have no idea of what kind of pencil necked accountant came up with those numbers, but it doesn't seem right.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ofcourse its cheaper why else would they do it. its so much cheaper because China still uses slave labor for alot of their production. Also the average factory worker in china makes about the equivalent of 50 cents an hour. reason why wages are so low in china is because there are more people then available jobs and it will always be this way nomatter how many jobs we send to china it will never be enough to even things out since china makes up two thirds of the worlds population. somebody posted earlier that they didnt care if things were made in china because the chinese have to eat too from that aspect I kinda agree atleast we are helping them out kinda... but not really.... but thats not why I care wether if something is made here or in china. My reasons for not liking stuff made in china as listed.

1. takes away American factory workers jobs.

2. Quality control over there is so poor, even with product inspections to make sure things are up to par and still junk falls through the cracks you may not notice it right away but soon after things may fail prematurely from poor craftsmenship or imporoper materials or alloys used in the product.

3.The chinese still use lead paint on all painted products, even on childrens toys. Because there are no regulations on lead in china. most people dont bother to read the small fine print on the back of the package which states "this products contains a chemical known to the state of california to cause cancer and reproductive harm" the print is so small in most cases its understandable why you didnt see it. then your kids are putting these painted toy cars in their mouths and are being exposed to lead. its absolutely rediculous if things are gonna be made it china atleast the paints and chemicals needs to be regulated.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

i have a knife that my brother picked up somewhere and it says "USA SABER" in red white and blue on it then at the base of the blade etched in the metal it says "Made in China" i was like wth ? thats the stupidest thing ive seen USA SABER and made in china thats just stupid if your gonna call it that at least make it in the USA....
Old 10-06-2006, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Highdesertwolf

I would argue with you on your last 2 points.
I sell against Chinese imported products. Unfortunately I have noticed the quality of workmanship has gone up in the last year or so and rejected product has dropped. They still have a way to go but improvements are being made.
The product I see does not have a high quality paint on it but it is not lead paint
Old 10-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

If you want lower prices,expect the companies to source out to cheap labour.
Yeah well I could care less about price.......I'm willing to pay top dollar for quality as along as what I'M PAYING FOR IS QUALITY.....
Problem is your paying top dollar for junk.......

Maybe we should learn something here....
Lets export our countries junk at top dollar and keep the good stuff for ourselves.......
Old 10-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah well I could care less about price.......I'm willing to pay top dollar for quality as along as what I'M PAYING FOR IS QUALITY
Well it's obvious that most people disagree ,if they didn't,there wouldn't be a market for all of the imported junk.If there was no market,they wouldn't be importing so much junk,now would they.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hairtrigger

Highdesertwolf

I would argue with you on your last 2 points.
I sell against Chinese imported products. Unfortunately I have noticed the quality of workmanship has gone up in the last year or so and rejected product has dropped. They still have a way to go but improvements are being made.
The product I see does not have a high quality paint on it but it is not lead paint
I don't know what you compete against but their aluminum is crap...
I'm a fabricater in a Alum Curtainwall Ind.....
Thickness tolerences and width tolerences and (the fact these 24ft lenghts are warped) are so far off we have to drill by hand cause the C&C can't do it to the tolerences needed....
What could is it getting precise machery if the material isn't.....
It will get better, I'm sure. Japan did it. Problem is, Companies will move elsewhere for cheep labour forces...
In 10years I predict Africa.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Yeah well I could care less about price.......I'm willing to pay top dollar for quality as along as what I'M PAYING FOR IS QUALITY
Well it's obvious that most people disagree ,if they didn't,there wouldn't be a market for all of the imported junk.If there was no market,they wouldn't be importing so much junk,now would they.
Well I can care less if people disagree with me or not...
STUPIDIS, IS WHAT STUPID DOES......
When I buy anything,I look at where its made first....

Old 10-07-2006, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff thats the first thing I look for as well.....glad theres a few us left out there...
Old 10-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just curious as to how you guys choose riflescopes since almost all scopes use imported lenses including leupold,even though they say that they are made in America.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.