HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Reloading (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading-15/)
-   -   rock chucker sepreme (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading/149143-rock-chucker-sepreme.html)

bigcountry 07-25-2006 06:15 AM

rock chucker sepreme

I have a rock chucker thats about 10 years old. Great for any cartridge under a COL of 3.3". But I load alot of STW, and RUM's. And its a pain. Also like the primer catch.

Anyone know of a good price on the new press? Lowest I found was 122 dollars. Too much just for convience.

steve4102 07-25-2006 03:23 PM

RE: rock chucker sepreme

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=000449356

bigcountry 07-25-2006 03:31 PM

Good ole midsouth. I am beginning to like those people

210 dollars a few months ago for a new 204 encore barrel 40 dollars cheaper than most
91 dollar for a caldwell leadsled, 30 dollars cheaper than anyone else
Now, this nice price.

Excellent.

Rebel Hog 07-25-2006 03:38 PM

[align=left]
Average Customer Rating:

Read the Review(s)
Used this Product?
Rate It

Return Rate, & Pkg Size
Product Applications & Information

[/align]

Product #: 513567
Manufacturer #: 9356

Our Price: $99.99Sale!
Compare at: $107.99You save $8.00!
Sale Expires: Jul. 31, 2006

Should Ship Next Business Day
Note: 99.9% of Orders Placed by 4:00 p.m. CT
(Monday-Friday, Except Holidays) Ship Same Day.

hunter338 07-25-2006 07:05 PM

Hey bc.

You sure do speek alot of the STW. I had thought about buying one before I bought my 7 mm RUM becouse of the barrel life factor, But so far no problems with my RUM. I was just woundering what gr. bullet you shoot through your STW?

I have been reloading the 175 gr. Swift A-Frames and my rifle seems to love them. A TRUE .75 group @ 100 yards.

I still have a intrest in the STW for a number of reasons.

I am just woundering what you have found in comparing the two cals.

thanks
hunter338

bigcountry 07-25-2006 08:07 PM

I have never had a 7mmRUM, but had 3 300RUM's. But I like the STW. I don't know why, but I insisted on getting 160gr Accubonds shooting. Maybe because the factory federals shot them really well so I knew the gun could handle the bullet well. I tried H1000 with 1.5MOA average, tried 4831sc with no luck, but found 7828 75gr was awesome. Averages .75MOA also at 3100fps. So I am finished. I havn't tried anything else. I don't want to burn this one out like I did 2 RUM's. I got a gun (sako 75 stainless), that I like just about all the features, and will make a dandy moose gun. I have 140gr triple X and 160gr partions, but don't think I will be tryin them as long as the accubond performs well.

175gr aframes has so much sectional density, it should be a great elk bullet. I bet you could rip thru a shoulder no problem. I know the STW is no RUM, and you are probably blowin those numbers away. Sounds like you got a good gun. I think stumble has some real heaters for the STW.

HighDesertWolf 07-26-2006 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I have a rock chucker thats about 10 years old. Great for any cartridge under a COL of 3.3". But I load alot of STW, and RUM's. And its a pain. Also like the primer catch.

Anyone know of a good price on the new press? Lowest I found was 122 dollars. Too much just for convience.
I have an older rock chucker it was great I got it second hand from a friend for 20 bucks. I was looking for a newer press something that would give me more options as I progressed I wanted something that would load the longer cartrdiges too. after a bit I decided to give the Lee classic cast a try just cant beat the price for a press that will fit 50 bmg cases. I havent looked back yet its every bit the quality of any cast iron press out there. I also really like the fact that the ram is much larger then on other presses also its hollow with a kick butt primer disposal system but being larger diameter and hollow means one thing its more rigid. I highly recommend checking one out I know lee makes alot of worthless junk but the classic cast is really a great tool.

bigcountry 07-26-2006 08:37 PM

I wouldn't mind the lee if it was one piece cast. I had lees before like that that would work itself loose. Maybe a minor inconvience to some, but to me, I just can't deal with it. Actually I don't believe hollow means more rigid. But thats an opinion. Thanks for the post. Just not for me. I may just have a bad taste in my mouth from the Lee 1000 and others. Now after having solid cast its hard to go back to screws and all. Also the last thing I didn't like about the classic press is inconsistent bullet depth. I think it has to do with the plate design. Maybe operator error and closed mind sealed the deal. Glad you like it.

HighDesertWolf 07-27-2006 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I wouldn't mind the lee if it was one piece cast. I had lees before like that that would work itself loose. Maybe a minor inconvience to some, but to me, I just can't deal with it. Actually I don't believe hollow means more rigid. But thats an opinion. Thanks for the post. Just not for me. I may just have a bad taste in my mouth from the Lee 1000 and others. Now after having solid cast its hard to go back to screws and all. Also the last thing I didn't like about the classic press is inconsistent bullet depth. I think it has to do with the plate design. Maybe operator error and closed mind sealed the deal. Glad you like it.
perhaps rigid wasnt the best choice of words or maybe you misunderstood what I meant, but being hollow the ram is stiffer though it may not matter on a reloading press. if you have ever had the opportunity to test the integrity of steel or taken any machining courses and learned about metal integrity and engineering techniques. a solid piece of bar stock is more flexible under pressure then if you were to take that same piece of bar stock and bore it out this makes the steel less flexible under pressure. though it doesnt make it stronger like some would think it does however make the steel more rigid.

Solitary Man 07-27-2006 07:13 AM

I'm thinking about getting another press to go along with my Forster Co-Ax. The Rockchucker is at the top of the list.