HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Reloading (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading-15/)
-   -   load data (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading/145783-load-data.html)

mauser06 06-21-2006 11:21 PM

load data

my buddy says he may have dies for my 3006...and i can buy all the stuff and we can reload some ammo for me...possibly...i dont know if he has the dies..if not i wont worry about it...and i cant find my bag of brass...but can buy or "make some" with my ammo laying around...either way i was thinking of loading 110gr bullets in my 3006...over the summer we shoot a few groundhogs..nothing too serious....but beside my gun not being the most accurate the bullet drops pretty quick after it gets out there a little ways...and the 150gr bullets rip right through..i rather have a bullet do some damage so they arent moving or running away with holes in them...i found hornady and sierra both make 110gr bullets in 30 cal..is it SAFE to load them for my 3006? any powder recomendations if it is?? looking for something safe..but kinda hot and cruising pretty good..better then the 150s anyways...how fast can i get it going safely and whats the trajectory look like?? much better then 150s?? 40grs can be alot when talking bullet weight...but i realize the pressure will be diffrent with a lighter bullet...higher or lower i dont know that much about it...any info?? just trying to figure out if its possible...safe...and if it would be worth the money and time of having them loaded....im not THATTTT serious about shooting groundhogs...just sick of missing them..and cant judge range too good to try to compensate for drop...sitting on a rolling hay field with heat waves rising and nothing around to help judge makes it a little tough...and we hunt alot of diffrent fields alot of diffrent days...so putting out markers or something wont help...and ive been noticing if we walk in the fields they seem to know...either watch us and we dont know it...or hear/feel us walking around or something....but maybe the lighter bullet is a a good option...maybe you guys can help me....thanx

mauser06 06-22-2006 08:12 PM

RE: load data

nevermind guys...problem solved...i found a custom ammo company online....they quoted me about 16$ a box of 20 hand loaded remington cases Vmax and sierra HPs...im excited...ill be ordering tomarrow hopefully....i cant wait...both should shoot nice and flat and make mush out of groundhogs.....which should i go with for the best fastest opening??? the more violent the expansion and energy transfer the better...so Vmax speer or sierra 110gr HPs???

how do you guys think they will shoot and perform?? better choice for some groundhogs then the 150s i shoot now??

Charley 06-23-2006 05:56 AM

iHAVETOADMITIDONOTREADYOURPOSTSMUCHBECAUSETHEY ARETOOHARDTOREADIKNOWYOUHAVEEXPLAINEDWHYYOUWRITE
THSIWAYBEFOREBUTITISJUSTTPMUCHOFAPITATOGETYOURPOIN T
ITHINKIWILLANSWEREVERYPOSTYOUWRITEFROMNOWONINALATI NATESTYLE

bigcountry 06-23-2006 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Charley

iHAVETOADMITIDONOTREADYOURPOSTSMUCHBECAUSETHEY ARETOOHARDTOREADIKNOWYOUHAVEEXPLAINEDWHYYOUWRITE
THSIWAYBEFOREBUTITISJUSTTPMUCHOFAPITATOGETYOURPOIN T
ITHINKIWILLANSWEREVERYPOSTYOUWRITEFROMNOWONINALATI NATESTYLE
I have to agree. Is there any reason a person would write like this. Just curious.

mauser06 06-23-2006 11:55 PM

dang guys, i been around these parts longer then most (big country your one of the few originals left) and have very few complaints lol. I dont know how i started typing like i do, but its a heck of alot faster for me to type like that. i always thought it was pretty easy to follow, just dont pay attention to the ...'s thats usually a new sentence or a diffrent thought. this message is pretty short and it took me longer to type then it would to type a long message and i can type faster then alot of people even when i type normal. ill hafta take a poll on the OFF season and see what the rest of the gang says lol. I can train myself to type normal if thats your guys' wish. I can pop out 10pg papers for college in an hour or 2 typing normal so it can be done.

bigcountry 06-24-2006 07:43 AM

Well, anyway, good price for the ammo. I know thats cheaper than I could reload for it considering my time. Let us know how they shoot.

eldeguello 06-27-2006 07:18 AM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

dang guys, i been around these parts longer then most (big country your one of the few originals left) and have very few complaints lol. I dont know how i started typing like i do, but its a heck of alot faster for me to type like that. i always thought it was pretty easy to follow, just dont pay attention to the ...'s thats usually a new sentence or a diffrent thought. this message is pretty short and it took me longer to type then it would to type a long message and i can type faster then alot of people even when i type normal. ill hafta take a poll on the OFF season and see what the rest of the gang says lol. I can train myself to type normal if thats your guys' wish. I can pop out 10pg papers for college in an hour or 2 typing normal so it can be done.
I'd call that a "stream of consiousness" style of writing. If you'd write a novel that way, they'd rank you right up there with Papa Hemingway, no doubt!!