Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Does anyone here find that reloading is a chore? >

Does anyone here find that reloading is a chore?

Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Does anyone here find that reloading is a chore?

Old 04-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does anyone here find that reloading is a chore?

My brother in law and I were talking and he was telling me about his friend who was trying to argue that reloading was a waste of time. Meaning that time was better spent on scouting and hunting then spent at the reloading bench. I told him heshould askhis friend if hedid much scouting during the night and winter months. Anyway I took up reloading to save money but ended up falling in love with it. I almost enjoy reloading as much as I do shooting the ammo. And after a kill it feels so rewarding knowing that I put theammo together. I feel the same with my archery equipment as well, building my own arrows and repairing/servicing my own bow is the only way I go.The only time I will say that it feels kind of like work is when I am trying to help out friends with their archery equipment orreload their ammoand I have a deadline to meet becaue they have put it off until the last second before the hunt started. But never ever have I thought that reloading was a waste of time. What are your thoughts on this.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does anyone here find that reloading is a chore?

I find that after a rough day I can sit down at my reloading bench and concentrate on reloading forcing myself to forget the ratrace that I was involved in during the day.
Bottom line for me is reloading=relaxing
Old 04-24-2006, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I find reloading rewording especially when certain bullets aren’t available in cartridges that aren’t popular... For me it’s a chore when I’ve run out of time before the hunt and I'm not ready but it doesn’t happen to often...
Old 04-24-2006, 06:48 AM

A chore NO fun YES.
As for your friend saying it is a waist of time I bet he never
tried it or what I find most hunters that say it is not time well spent don't understand reloading & there for don't feel comfortable doing it.
I do it for cost and being able to make custom amo for any gun (rifle or shotgun to pistol)as most know every gun has a pet load it likes best.
Been reloading for 25+ years.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:58 AM
bigcountry

for the past decade, I found it to be therpudic and just fun. But starting about a year ago, I find it a chore. I got so much going on right now, its hard for me to spend time doing it.

I still love workin up the loads for new guns. But loading a known good load is a chore for me.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:20 AM

I love to reload, I do most of my reloading in the winter. I also have a hand press so I can make up loads up in the field.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hairtrigger

I find that after a rough day I can sit down at my reloading bench and concentrate on reloading forcing myself to forget the ratrace that I was involved in during the day.
Bottom line for me is reloading=relaxing
Ditto!!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Istill enjoy it, but not nearly to the extent thatIonce did. I also don't spend nearly as much timedoing it. I wouldn't call it a chore, though, at least not yet. The whole hunting, shooting, reloading thingjust doesn't seem to occupy as much of my time or thought process as it once did.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

A chore like counting money.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:11 PM

Yes and no

Kinda like laundry here at college. It may be a chore but the benefits far outway the alternative

Sometime though, like while your still playing with a new bullet or different powders and trying to find that 'sweet load', its just down right fun!

Quick Reply: Does anyone here find that reloading is a chore?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.