HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Reloading (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading-15/)
-   -   Timney or Basix triggers ?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/reloading/129481-timney-basix-triggers.html)

Fl Still Hunter 01-19-2006 12:25 AM

Timney or Basix triggers ??

Any one had any first hand experience with Timney or Basix replacement triggers. Which one is bettter, crisp, clean, easy to instal. I will be changing out the trigger on a Rem Mod 7 and wanted some input before the purchase. I just completed the glass bedding job, on to the next step.This gun is for hunting, 3 lb pull. Your thoughts please. Thank You in advance.

Rebel Hog 01-19-2006 02:01 AM

RE: Timney or Basix triggers ??

Read the reviews

MidwayUSA - Rifle Basix

Rebel Hog 01-19-2006 02:04 AM

Read the reviews

MidwayUSA - Rifle Basix Trigger Remington 700, 7, 40X 8 oz to 1-1/2 lb

bronko22000 01-19-2006 09:22 AM

Timmney has been around forever so I guess they know what they are doing. I haven't had any experience with them but I have with Rifle Basix. I replaced my trigger on my Savage 93 (rimfire) with a Basix trigger. It took about 15 mins. And it works great.

48thguns 01-21-2006 05:37 PM

I really like the Timney trigger with the built in safety for my Mauser projects. You can change the trigger weight from 2 to 4 pounds.....good product....have never monlied with the Basix trigger. Regards, Rick.

jcchartboy 01-21-2006 06:02 PM

I installed the Timney on my Savage 210. The trigger was supposed to be a drop in which it was, until I put the action in the stock only to find out the actual trigger was too long to fit into the trigger guard. Fortunately, a few minutes with a grinding bit on a drill is all that was required to remove the unwanted length.
My point being, no matter what they may claim don't surprised if a small amount of adjustment may be required. If it needs more than a little work that would be another story;)

rrb259 01-24-2006 01:30 PM

not,any experiance personally,,,however I am going to replace my 30/06 spring field trigger and have been told by my dad who sells guns and gun stuff to go w/ timney and also was speaking w/ a gunsmith who does not know my dad also said to go w/ timney. I'm going w/ timney..good luck..rrb.

Sling 01-24-2006 10:40 PM

I have a Timney trigger in my 8mm Mauser and I am happy with it. I do not have any experience with Basix triggers.

handloader1 01-24-2006 10:48 PM

I have a Timney trigger on my JC Higgins Model 51 30-06 Sprg., and I am very happy with it. Good luck.

racowboy 01-24-2006 11:30 PM

If you set both of those side by side, they are pretty much the same. Both seem well made....when I looked at them the Basix was a little less money. Have shot both and you can't tell any difference. The 7's trigger is a little different than the Model 700,s, so make sure you have the right one. I have heard from a couple guys that they had to do a little modifying to make the Timney fit when the Basix fit right in.