Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 7mm Ultra Mag data?? >

7mm Ultra Mag data??

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

7mm Ultra Mag data??

Old 10-24-2005, 10:38 PM

Default 7mm Ultra Mag data??

Anyone have any loading info for Barnes TSX bullets for the 7 Ultra Mag???
Old 10-27-2005, 07:19 PM

Default RE: 7mm Ultra Mag data??

?????
Old 11-01-2005, 11:10 PM

Default RE: 7mm Ultra Mag data??

Caution using that bullet in the 7mm RUM.

I blew a primer with the150 TSX BTwith theminimum charge of RL-25used for jacketed bullets in my Savage 116. It was my first experiencewith solids,and it was a stupid thing to do. I couldn't use much less RL-25,and be above therecommended 80% case capacity loading warnings for thisvery large case. I have not tried them since that incident, and will not, until I see some real data using them from Barnes or one of powder manufacturers, for this cartridge. If I do, it will be with Retumbo or AA 8700. On Barnes website,they recommend using data for old X bullets to start loads for the TSX. Barneshas toldme it takes much more pressure to obdutate these solids into the rifling then jacketed bullets. When their website says the TSX has "less friction" and higher velocities,they mean in comparison to the X bullet, NOT conventional bullets. My rifle might have a tight barrel, as it develops higher, 100-150 fps velocities then Hornady Manual's loadings, with 1 MOA accuracy. And,shoots factory ammo faster then advertised velocities.