Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

lyman scale

Old 10-18-2005, 10:38 PM

Default lyman scale

Ok boys and girls. First Post and Looking for a new scale as the old one i have craped out on me. i am looking at the Lyman. I dont know why i i love Lyman products.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=429348

I am also going to have a buy a new press not sure on what one but i like the old Lyman Crusher. But cant seam to find it anywhere. I looked on Midway they have the new one but not the old Orange one.

So let me know what yea think about the Scale Maybe there is one better out that i am missing.

Lotec25
Old 10-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: lyman scale

I myself liked the RCBS 505 better and I think it's about the same money.

Press take a look at the Lee cast press

just my 2 cents
Old 10-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same scale and it works just fine. I've since moved up to electronic scale/dispenser. I just upgraded to the T-Mag 2 turret press.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Lyman/Ohaus M5, 1,000-grain scale I bought in 1968 in Colorado Springs CO. It has been dragged all over the country since then, and is still accurate to within 1/10 of a grain, just like the day I bought it. It has weighed many thousands of powder charges, bullets, and cartridge cases in those years also!

I'd put it up against ANY mechanical powder scale made today, regardless of maker!!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

I have a Lyman/Ohaus M5, 1,000-grain scale I bought in 1968 in Colorado Springs CO. It has been dragged all over the country since then, and is still accurate to within 1/10 of a grain, just like the day I bought it. It has weighed many thousands of powder charges, bullets, and cartridge cases in those years also!

I'd put it up against ANY mechanical powder scale made today, regardless of maker!!
Just bought another one off e-Bay for $20.00 so I now have an extra one for parts if needed - the new one is in pristine condition, too!
Old 11-02-2005, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

I have the same scale--bought in the '60's. It too has been hauled all over the country, and when I set it up, the test weights are right on.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: keyshunter

I have the same scale--bought in the '60's. It too has been hauled all over the country, and when I set it up, the test weights are right on.
Yep- a great scale......
Old 11-04-2005, 07:21 PM

ok you guys convinced me. I am going to get the lyman i just wanted to make sure it was worth the money. Now i have to figure out what press i want. I am looking at the lyman for this to along with the Rock Chucker.

Lotec25
Old 11-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Dominant Buck

For the last 25yrs I have had a Lyman "All American" turret press and a Lyman Beam Scale. I have an RCBS electronic scale and the Lee cup measures, but I trust the beam scale more. I also have 2 tricklers.The Rock Chucker is not bad!
Old 11-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just an FYI..that same scale can usually be found used on ebay for half the price.

Quick Reply: lyman scale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.