Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 looking for someone to reload .280Rem >

looking for someone to reload .280Rem

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

looking for someone to reload .280Rem

Old 05-30-2005, 06:36 AM

Default looking for someone to reload .280Rem

Since I dont reload....Im looking for someone who does who can load me some varmint loads in .280 Rem for my A-Bolt. Local shops will only order it (factory loads) for me by the case. I'n not looking for that kind of volume

If I buy the dies.....anyone interested ?
Old 05-30-2005, 06:47 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: looking for someone to reload .280Rem

Well, I would let you come over my house and assist me and then do it yourself after I went over each step. You live near MD?

Too much risk loading for people. You would have to be part of the process of making them.

Cabelas, Midwayusa, Cheaper than dirt will mail you any amount you want.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

I don't reload for others except family,but will make the same offer if you live close to me.
If you shoot any ones reloads you take a big chance of something going wrong.The safest way would be to get a reloading kit and learn to yourself.All rifles handle pressure differently.If you had a safe load allready worked out and someone reloaded the same load would probably work.
Years ago I saw a guy that had half his face missing and his right hand missing.He was in the gun shop wanting to know how to get in touch with a rem rep.I over heard him asking the owner.The owner asked him what had happened and he said that he had shot one of his nabors reloads in a 270 rem that his wife had gotten him for christmas,and it blew up in his face.The owner told him there was no use talking to the rem rep.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:21 AM

You might be able to get Black Hills in Rapid City, South Dakota to take on this project. As you mentioned earlier, it will likely all come down to quantity. Or go to your local gunshop and post an ad.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:23 PM

Thanks for the replys. I've struck out at Cabelas, Midway and Cheaper for .280 loads.

Still waiting to hear from Black hills but it not in their caliber list.

Might just have to beak down and buy another rifle !!! wouldnt THAT be a shame LOL[8D]
Old 05-30-2005, 04:25 PM

Either that or just "bite the bullet" (no pun intended) and start reloading.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

anyone else find this post .........um interesting????? I would be hesitent to reload for anyone thats family, much less a newb with 2 posts.........isnt it illegal to do that??

hmmmmmm ATF agent???????????????????
Old 05-31-2005, 03:59 AM

LOL

methinks mossy has gotten paranoid in his old age!! (If I was indeed ATF mossy...I wouldnt be posting here... I'd just be knocking on your front door !!)

as far as my number of post goes, checkout GreatMich, Huntchat, Michigan-Sportsman where there are a few thousand posts for those paraniod ppl to do some "background checking"

Mahalo
Old 05-31-2005, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve actually seen it at the range one time. This guy purchased reloads that were to hot for his lever action and ended up damaging his gun. For this reason I wouldn’t reload for anyone except family as mentioned.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:58 AM
bigcountry

isnt it illegal to do that
Nope, just a liability. there's a huge difference between being a commercial loader and seller and a guy that takes some money for supplies and makes some loads.

You got it right fi, mossy is nutty as a christmas fruit cake.

Quick Reply: looking for someone to reload .280Rem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.