Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Salvation Messages >

Salvation Messages

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Salvation Messages

Old 02-25-2020, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default Salvation Messages

Have you seen this also? My daughter lives about 85 miles east of us and when we'd visit, many times we'd attend church with her and her children. Every time we came we would hear a salvation message. She told me that was how her Pastor gave his message nearly every time they gathered together on Sunday. I have to wonder, is this how the brother was taught in Seminary? Does he now follow and do only as he was taught by others in Seminary? Is he able to be led by the Holy Spirit to give other messages and is he aware of the leading and prompting of the Holy Spirit in his life and ministry? Why would we continually try to bring to the congregation a salvation experience week after week? Shouldn't most in the congregation have received the Spirit as Jesus tells Nicodemus in John 3? (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...3&version=NASB)

I would think there is a great need, once the true believers have come to Christ and have been changed by grace through faith to now be taught how to live for God. I think to be able to live the commands of Jesus require the teaching now of Paul as in Romans Chapter 6, (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...6&version=NASB) so that we start to understand what we have received and how we are to proceed in and with the help of the Holy Spirit now within us.. Paul highlights this in Galatians Chapter 5 and elsewhere (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...5&version=NASB) when he teaches,
16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. 26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another.

Do we begin each day taking the advice of Paul as we each morning follow his advice anew: "Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires". It seems we have to do this daily, just as Jesus told us to deny self daily and to take up our own cross if we wish to follow after him. Do you also find, as I and others do that we must begin each day in prayer and again, crucify our flesh with its passions and desires as our heart and mind is again renewed as we come before Christ in prayer again and again each day?

I've come to see the difference in days that I do and days that I don't.

Last edited by grizzly 2; 02-25-2020 at 07:25 AM.