Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
How do you look at Salvation? >

How do you look at Salvation?

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

How do you look at Salvation?

Old 02-14-2020, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default How do you look at Salvation?

How do you look at Salvation; Saved or Being Saved?
Paul said in Philippians 2,12So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; 13for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

14Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, 16holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.

Do you think it is possible for anyone to do what Paul is asking here without first being born again of the Spirit - so that we might walk in the Spirit and not after our own selfish ways or by our own strengths and abilities? Are we being taught, as Jesus taught in Matthew 10,

37“He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38“And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39“He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it."
Is this what is happening in our Churches today?
Old 02-14-2020, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

I hope that God's grace passes my understanding and my definition of what salvation and Christ-like lifestyle looks like. For my sake, and for others.

-Jake
Old 02-15-2020, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, me too. But, do we teach and share what we have come to live and learn from the Bible? For instance when Paul writes in Romans 6, 11So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus.

12Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires. 13Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God. 14Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace.

For instance, this is what we should experience and live after being born of the Spirit. Do we realize this is how we should wholeheartedly continue to live for God? Do our Churches emphasize this when they teach? The danger is that if not, I fear many new born into Christ will experience what Paul teaches next in Romans Chapter 7 and once again try to live by their own abilities (law) and not grasp how grace through faith in what Christ has done at the cross, should continue to be how they should live for God. Paul's teaching, as well as the Bible's is Christ and Him Crucified. I guess my point is, are we teaching how we can live as Jesus did - to whatever capacity we can as we grow and mature in Christ - or do we continue to teach randomly lessons from the Bible? Is our teaching led by the Holy Spirit or some lesson plan?
Old 02-17-2020, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

There's a great Bill Hick's joke about this... lol, youtube it!

Old 02-19-2020, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by salukipv1 View Post
There's a great Bill Hick's joke about this... lol, youtube it!
Sorry, after hearing the F word in almost every sentence I turned it off.