Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Week { From Servant to Friend} >

Word of the Week { From Servant to Friend}

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Week { From Servant to Friend}

Old 08-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Word of the Week { From Servant to Friend}

Please , please forgive me..I'm shooting from the hip today...I'm not using any scripture references...but will be estimating as this web site times me out..but here is my message for this Sunday in the nutshell..Hope you are encouraged...My text will be from John 15; 1-14

The True Vine and The branches...Jesus is the Vine...and we are to remember our place on the vine...We get out strengh from the Vine ..{ Jesus} The Word is tough...and impossible for anyone to obey it { IN our selves/ our flesh} Fact...verse 2 says any branch IN HIM that does not produce fruit..Verse 6 is cast into the fire..WOW!!! again...and Again so much for once saved always saved..Yet in verse 3 He says the Word makes us clean..I checked that out in the GreeK ....means makes our minds clean..sanctifies us ..makes us holy..Verse 4-5 he reminds us apart from Him we can do nothing..Our flesh is the issue..Galations 5 says Those that belong to Christ have crucified their flesh and lust..I never preach a message without living the message..So this week I ate only 1 meal a day with no snacks..and stayed in His Word..Best week in years..All fear disappeared...and was replaced with love..I saw a distraught women in Walmart yesterday...I went to her immediately ..layed hands on her and God's SPirit ministered to her..which brings us to verse 7 If ye abide in me and MY words abide in you ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done...the fruit on the vine brings glory and honor to the plant..later in verse 10 loving others is what brings glory to God..AND FILLS OUR HEARTS with over flowing JOY ...this is the life of The Spirit working through us..In our flesh we can not generate God's Spirit..It comes from reading His WOrd and asking God to fill us daily..and ridding anything in our lives that would grieve God's Spirit..finally in verse 14 ..He says I no longer call you slaves...because you know God's will,,,His Spirt resides in you..I now call you friends...AND WHAT A FRIEND HE IS!!!

God bless, if nothing else..begin reading the book of John..It starts there..From there God will help you.
Sincerely ,
Pastor Chuck
Old 08-16-2019, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Chuck,

Type your post up in a word document.

Then login to the site. And copy and paste your post. This will prevent the site from timing out on you while you think/type.

-Jake
Old 08-16-2019, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

I used to do that...appreciate you taking the time to read the messages Jake..Have a blessed day.
C7