Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of The Day { Lead me not into Temptation} >

Word of The Day { Lead me not into Temptation}

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of The Day { Lead me not into Temptation}

Old 07-13-2019, 11:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Word of The Day { Lead me not into Temptation}

In the Lord's Prayer we read ,MATTHEW 6 ; 13 "And lead us not into temptation , but deliver us from evil." The key to victory my friends is not to allow yourselves to be tempted..because once tempted you will usually fall. This is why I don't have a TV , or go to places like Hooters etc. Paul says we are not to trust ourselves, 1 John 5 says the righteous man "Keepeth himself and the evil one touches him not." Rather my friends pray, pray that ye enter not into temptation and delight yourself in The Word of God. Psalm 37 says "delight thyself in The Lord and He shall give thee , the desires of thy heart." God loves you. You were created to walk and talk with God. He loves fishing and hunting and all those other wholesome activities. He desires to be your best friend 24/7 .He went to the cross to take care of our sin problem and future wrath problem. Don't take my word on it...Read the New Testament yourself. JOhn 8; 31 and 32 says if you do...The Holy Spirit { spirit of truth} will set you entirely free. and the peace and joy that can be daily yours is unexplainable and foreign to the world.

If ya need to talk...send me a message. God loves you my friend

PS one of the last Psalms I put music to was this one
Psalm 139 ;17 and 18
How precious are thy thoughts unto me , oh Lord
how great is the sum of them
If I should count them
they are more in number than the sand

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-14-2019 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:34 PM
Spike

Default Word of the day.

Amen, good word brother.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:33 PM
Spike

This is a message from 2013 that I had stored in my favorites years ago. I decided to listen to it again as I ate breakfast this morning. In this message on overcoming the flesh, Loren Larson clearly explains how Galatians 5:16-18 applies to our daily living and to our walk. He illustrates our issues with our flesh and defines flesh. Then he discusses walking in the Spirit and how the two oppose each other. For a Christian, possibly the most important issue we face is overcoming the flesh - our flesh. If we fail to understand how this happens or don't learn to live this overcoming life, then our Spiritual life will be severely limited.

The video begins with a Church Service where brother Larson is a guest speaker. His message begins at 29:55

16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. NAS

Old 11-18-2019, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Interesting perspective. While often temptation leads to bad behavior, there is a certain satisfaction to overcoming temptation that exceeds avoiding it altogether.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

What's not to like? You can save regret, time, money and in a lot of cases more hassles.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

A number of things come to mind:

1) Until you know of the option, you cannot easily know whether it constitutes "evil".

2) Presentation of any option is a form of information. I consider it better to know all of my options, not just the "good" ones.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

I think the general drift was not doing something bad. Of course, YMMV.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

To me, it is a greater measure of a man who avoids doing wrong than a man who never even considers it.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

I think that was also what Chuck was trying to say.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:10 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Chuck7 View Post
In the Lord's Prayer we read ,MATTHEW 6 ; 13 "And lead us not into temptation , but deliver us from evil." The key to victory my friends is not to allow yourselves to be tempted..because once tempted you will usually fall. This is why I don't have a TV , or go to places like Hooters etc. Paul says we are not to trust ourselves, 1 John 5 says the righteous man "Keepeth himself and the evil one touches him not." Rather my friends pray, pray that ye enter not into temptation and delight yourself in The Word of God. Psalm 37 says "delight thyself in The Lord and He shall give thee , the desires of thy heart." God loves you. You were created to walk and talk with God. He loves fishing and hunting and all those other wholesome activities. He desires to be your best friend 24/7 .He went to the cross to take care of our sin problem and future wrath problem. Don't take my word on it...Read the New Testament yourself. JOhn 8; 31 and 32 says if you do...The Holy Spirit { spirit of truth} will set you entirely free. and the peace and joy that can be daily yours is unexplainable and foreign to the world.
"The desires of our heart"; are they for the things of this world or are they spiritual and a desire for the things and ways of the Kingdom of God? After I read from Galatians 5 and especially verses 19-21, I began reading all that Jesus told when He said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is like...". (https://biblehub.com/nlt/galatians/5.htm). That passage in Gal. 5 convicted me of the truth of how I was living and helped finally bring me to repentance and then a new life in Christ Jesus. Once that happened I was changed and had new desires and new strength in the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1-2 https://biblehub.com/nasb/romans/8.htm). With a new burning desire to please God in my heart and now not wanting to displease Him by how I lived, I had the grace of the Holy Spirit within me. This was the beginning of my salvation and I would soon learn that now that my position in Christ justified me in God's sight, a new life of progressive sanctification would begin so that my condition and all those clinging vines from my old way of living would begin to be shown me. This would lead to more repentance and trust and belief in the finished work of Jesus to set me free from them - now one at a time over the coarse of my life - IF - I learned to live from faith to faith maintaining the object of my faith as the overcoming victory Christ won at the Cross over the flesh, the world and the devil. It is very dangerous to turn back and take our eye off of Jesus and His Atoning work at the Cross for me and my sin ( https://biblehub.com/nasb/1_john/1.htm).

The desires of our heart can also be for our hunting and fishing but they must not come before our desire to hear from God and walk with Him. If we maintain this right way, He will surely bless our hunting and whatever else we do with Him as we learn to walk in the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.