Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the day.. >

Word of the day..

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the day..

Old 07-11-2019, 10:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Word of the day..

When you need help, sickness, wisdom hunting or fishing etc...Which do you do first Goggle or Ask God. The Word says in Proverbs 3 "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.
Quick testimony. When I first start coming here I was a new hunter in Florida. I'd grown up in MD where I hunted often just to get out of our dysfunctional home..and became a decent shot/

Anyways as a teacher I had a student that talked often of hunting hogs. His enthusiasm excited me so I went to the closest place I knew..26 miles away and a WMA of 25 sq. miles. soaked in swamp water and bleeding from briars. I said ,"Lord since you know how many hairs are on every head and know of each sparrow that falls can you please tell me where the hogs are. In my inner man {Holy Spirit} said get back in your truck , drive to Powder Grade drive one mile PARK the truck walk across the field and take 70 steps. and the devil is laughing "LIKE RIGHT"LOL but in faith I did it..I felt like a fool counting 70 steps on the trail..broad day light and not a hog on site///on step seventy I jumped on
the 70ths step,,,and lo and behold 5 hogs came out .KAPOW!! got a nice sow..In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy steps..That is the hog below....using an Ithica./ slug..back in 2005 Ive upgraded since then..now use a 270 lol
Attached Thumbnails Word of the day..-hunting-36.jpg  

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-11-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm a minister and preach often about how easily TV and your phone can become an idol..I try and practice what i preach..I have no TV and leave my phone in the truck..nice phone too...my son gave me an Iphone..BUT I'm trying to find activities other than playing games on the cell phone..And there is //I fish, garden. photography, play gospel every Friday with another man in the inner city for 2 hours, cook on grill and smoker..hunt..play board games with my wife..I used to have a horrible battle with lust..when I learned {By His Grace} to control the internet instead of letting it control me...I've been TOTALLY set free.."Out of sight, Out of mind"

I don't listen to seculiar music but here's a cute quote by Bob Dylan "You don't need a weather man to tell you which way the wind is blowing." as outdoors people you should all be very good at reading the weather// around the different moon phases..

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-11-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Dominant Buck

The hogs have gotten a litte bigger LOl ..this one was taken with a 270
Attached Thumbnails Word of the day..-hunting-37.jpg