Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, December 3, 2018, Romans 8:6-10 >

Word of the Day, December 3, 2018, Romans 8:6-10

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, December 3, 2018, Romans 8:6-10

Old 12-03-2018, 02:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, December 3, 2018, Romans 8:6-10

Word of the Day, December 3, 2018

“ As I lay down my life and pick up my cross what a joy it is to give my life away to you. All that I need, all that I seek is You here with me. Holy Spirit have Your way in me!”

Romans 8:6-10

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

As I follow the LORD in my life and strive to put Him first in my life I notice when I don’t, I start to walk in my own flesh and not in the Holy Spirit’s path for me. Paul tells us to pray without ceasing, the whole Bible tells us to give thanks unto the Lord and that we are to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. Simple right? What part of these 3 things are we not getting?

A godly man that loves the LORD often ask, are you walking in the Spirit or in the flesh? Is our mind carnal or on Christ daily? When we are in the flesh we cannot please GOD.

As I have mentored men over the last 6 years, the one thing that I notice is that when the flesh takes over, they are not in fellowship with GOD through the reading and studying of His Word daily, not in fellowship with Him in prayer daily and not in fellowship by seeking Him first in their daily walk.

I want to share what the Scriptures say about our carnal mind and not walking in the flesh but that we must choose to walk in the Spirit of GOD.

Galatians 6:8: 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

James 4:4: 4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Proverbs 14:12: 12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Philippians 3:18-19: 18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

1 Timothy 5:6: 6 But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.

II Timothy 2:4: 4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

II Timothy 2:22: 22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

II Timothy 3:2-7: 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

1 Peter 2:11: 11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

1 John 2:15-17: 15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Isaiah 26:3-4: 3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

So I will leave you with this verse to ponder, pray about and to decide to choose to leave behind our carnal mind, this world and to look for the guidance of the Holy Spirit to lead us daily.

Philippians 4:8: 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Paul writes to the Romans the Christians Life Summary. We need to not be conformed to this world, sin, self, fleshly desires, but being transformed by the renewing of our minds through Christ Jesus, so that we may prove what is good, acceptable and perfect, will of GOD. We must not be conformed to this world, because it is the opposite and opposed to that of Christ. Satan is the prince of this world and Christ died for us to be delivered from this wicked world. As Christians, we must be transformed and walking after the Spirit and not in our carnal mind and in the will of GOD. Think on the Spirit today.

“ Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down. Oh, Comforter and Friend. How we need Your touch again. Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down. Let Your power fall. Let Your voice be heard. Come and change our hearts as we stand on Your word. Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down.”

Timothy P. Furness