Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, November 20, 2018, Ephesians 5:19-20 >

Word of the Day, November 20, 2018, Ephesians 5:19-20

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, November 20, 2018, Ephesians 5:19-20

Old 11-20-2018, 03:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, November 20, 2018, Ephesians 5:19-20

Word of the Day, November 20, 2018

“ This is my Father's world. O let me ne'er forget that though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet. This is my Father's world: why should my heart be sad? The Lord is King; let the heavens ring! God reigns; let the earth be glad!”

Ephesians 5:19-20

19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Thursday is Thanksgiving Day. What does Thanksgiving Day mean to you? Turkey, a day with family and friends, going hunting in the morning before dinner, traveling home to family across the country, all the yummy food or the football games? It can mean all that but we need to remember the reason of the day is to be giving thanks to GOD for all our blessings. Webster defines Thanksgiving as “ a day appointed for giving thanks for divine goodness.”

Chapter 5 of Ephesians is about the ways of the believer. I encourage you to read the whole chapter today. I’ll go a little bit deeper today and discuss how the Holy Spirit allows us to giving thanks always. As Christians, the Spirit enables us to be grateful for all things divinely allowing our lives to be used for good for the kingdom of Christ. As Christians filled with the Holy Spirit we can speak to one another with psalms, and hymns, and spiritual songs and the making of melody and individual song and praise for the LORD.

Paul lists three by-products of the Spirit’s influence in our lives: singing, making music and giving thanks unto our LORD. We need to have an attitude of joy and thankfulness to GOD and also to encourage other around us. We need to focus on the goodness of GOD and His mercies towards us. The best way to joy is to speak psalms, singing spiritual songs, making melodies and giving thanks unto GOD in the name of our LORD Jesus Christ. Give GOD all the glory this Thanksgiving Day and everyday.

“ Praise GOD from whom all blessing flow, praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above ye heavenly host, praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.”

Timothy P. Furness