Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, November 5, 2018, James 1 14-16 >

Word of the Day, November 5, 2018, James 1 14-16

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, November 5, 2018, James 1 14-16

Old 11-05-2018, 03:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, November 5, 2018, James 1 14-16

Word of the Day, November 5, 2018

“ Sent of heaven God's own Son to purchase and redeem and reconcile the very ones who nailed Him to that tree. Now my debt is paid it is paid in full by the precious blood that my Jesus spilled.”

James 1:14-16

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

These three verses bring the following words to my mind: temptation, evil desires, the allurement of sin, lust, the fruit of sin, sins origin, sins penalty and spiritual death. Every one of us is tempted. We cannot be drawn away unless our own lust leads and entices us. For sin to take hold, we must have the lust or sinful desire in us.

We often talk about planting and watering seeds for Christ and talking to people about Christ and how He has changed our lives forever. However, the same is true for the devil, there must be dirt in our hearts for the seeds of sins to take root. Like verse 14 states, we are all tempted, but only them that have the desire to sin fall. We need to pray for no dirt to fill our hearts daily.

If we are honest with ourselves, where does the true source of temptation come from? US! We let it tempt us. Why can’t we just stay away from the temptation? The progression of sin is from temptation to death. It is really just like the cycle of life, conception, birth, maturity and death. Sin bringeth forth death. I am guilty of this myself. I let my desires take over my life and until GOD got ahold of me, and I seek His forgiveness. Guess what? Death was around the corner for me. My past life style was not for GOD but for me, myself and I.

Romans 13:14 states: 14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

I Timothy 6:11 says; 11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

II Timothy 2:22 show us to; 22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Sin grows up very quickly; some times it can be the first time that causes us death or pain and suffering from just one time. Sin may also take years to rear its ugly effects on our lives. Our sin will always find us out. The final result of sin is eternal death. Remember, WE ARE ALL ONE STEP AWAY FROM SIN DESTROYING OUR LIVES. Please never think that it can’t be you. I thought I had my sin under control, how wrong I was.

It is easy to blame other people, make excuses like I can’t help myself, everybody is doing the same thing, it was just a onetime mistake, nobody’s perfect, the devil made me do it, someone pressured me to do it or I did not know it was wrong. If we are making these excuses, we are trying to shift the blame away from ourselves. As Christians, we need to accept responsibility for our wrongs, our errors and our sins, confess them to our Father GOD and ask for His forgiveness.

As James wrote and I believe, that we are all tempted from our own lust. In the beginning of our temptation, we are drawn away or drawn out of GOD. We walk away from His strong refuge. The progression of sin is from temptation to death. It will overcome if we allow it. It is like life, first there is the conception of sin. We are teased, we think about it and then it is conceived in our minds to follow our lust. Then it gives birth in our lives and fills us with it. As sin takes over, it is like our own maturity in life and becomes our way of daily life. The final outcome of sin is eternal death. (Did I mention that before?)

Do not err my brethrens and sisters. This is good advice that we can all give to each other and to remember for ourselves too. Do not subscribe to sin; disregard it from your mind and heart. Remove the dirt, the foundation of sin in your heart today. No dirt, no seeds of sin can grow.

“ Once I was straying in sin's dark valley. No hope within could I see they searched through Heaven and found a Savior to save a poor lost soul like me. O what a Savior, O hallelujah! His heart was broken on Calvary. His hands were nail scarred. His side was riven. He gave His life-blood for even me.”

Timothy P. Furness