Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, October 31, 2018, Romans 4:24-25 >

Word of the Day, October 31, 2018, Romans 4:24-25

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, October 31, 2018, Romans 4:24-25

Old 10-31-2018, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, October 31, 2018, Romans 4:24-25

Word of the Day, October 31, 2018

“ Thank you for your kindness. Thank you for your mercy. Thank you for the cross. Thank you for the price you paid. Thank you for salvation. Thank you for unending grace. Thank you for your hope. Thank you for this life you gave.”

Romans 4:24-25

24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

In our #WORD360 reading today I read these two verses and stopped and ponder what these mean to me. My first thought is thank you for the cross. Because of GOD and His grace and mercies and His Son on the cross I am delivered and have justification through Christ Jesus.

My second thought is I am now justified in Christ. What is justification? Simply put, to justify is to declare righteous, to make us right with GOD. You and I cannot do that, only through our LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ. We are justified when we accept Christ. Justification is GOD’s declaring those that receive Christ to be righteous and that is based upon Christ’s righteousness. ONLY CHRIST!

Romans 3:21-26: 21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Jesus’ blood can make the vilest sinner clean. I am a sinner saved by grace. I am justified by Jesus Christ. Ponder that today if you know Christ. You are cleansed and washed by the blood.

2 Corinthians 5:21: 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

We are justified the moment that we accept Christ and declared righteous. We need to remember that justification does not make us righteous, but pronounces us righteous and only by our faith in Christ and His finished work and sacrifice. He covered our sin and because of that, GOD sees us as unblemished. The Son of GOD justified us.

Romans 5:1 says this: 1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

As believers we must never neglect our salvation, always remembering that Jesus became sin, the only one that did not know sin. He humbled Himself on the cross. His love is so amazing and His name is above all. He is our blessed redeemer, His name is Emmanuel and He rescued us sinner from eternity of death and gave us eternity in Heaven with Him. He is Jesus Messiah and LORD of all and He is my Saviour and LORD.

“ If you could see what I once was, If you could go with me back to where I started from then I know you would see. A miracle of love that took me in it's sweet embrace and made me what I am today, just an old sinner saved by grace. I'm just a sinner saved by grace. When I stood condemned to death He took my place.”

Timothy P. Furness