Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, October 30, 2018, 1 Samuel 16:11-13 >

Word of the Day, October 30, 2018, 1 Samuel 16:11-13

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, October 30, 2018, 1 Samuel 16:11-13

Old 10-30-2018, 03:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, October 30, 2018, 1 Samuel 16:11-13

Word of the Day, October 30, 2018

Great is Thy faithfulness. O God my Father, there is no shadow of turning with Thee. Thou changest not Thy compassions they fail not. As Thou hast been Thou forever will be.

1 Samuel 16:11-13

11And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.

12And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.

13Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

I love how GOD works and uses all sorts of common people to the work of His kingdom, just like you and I can be used today if we are willing. Ill share a few examples from the Word of GOD today.

Jacob was a deceiver and was used to father the Israelite nation. (Gen 27-28). Joseph was slave and GOD used him to save his family that betrayed him. (Gen 39-50) Moses, a shepherd in exile and a murder was to lead Israel out of bondage and to the promise land. (Exodus 3)

GOD used Gideon, a farmer to deliver Israel from Midian. (Judges 6:11-14) Jephthan, a son of a prostitute was used to deliver Israel from the Ammonites. (Judges 11) GOD used a homemaker, Hannah to be the mother of Samuel. (1 Samuel 1)

We all know how GOD used a shepherd boy and the last born, David to be the King, the greatest King of Israel. Ezra was a scribe and was chosen to lead the return to Judah and to write Ezra & Nehemiah. Esther, a girl from among the exiles of Judah to save her people from a massacre.

We all know who Mary was, a peasant girl that was to be the mother of Christ. (Luke 1:27-28) Matthew, a tax collector, some one that most people dislike became an Apostle and one of the Gospel writers. Luke was a Greek physician and was to become a companion of Paul and also another gospel writer. (Col 4:14) Peter, a fisherman was to become an Apostle, a leader of the early church and a writer of the bible. (Matt 4:18-20)

If GOD can use these people, no different than most of us, He can surly use you and me if we are willing to be used for the Kingdom. I am an example of the changing grace of GOD and have decided that I will serve the Kingdom of GOD. Life has become more joyful everyday, more peace and if things change for the worst and a trial comes upon me, I will give GOD the glory then also. Are we willing to serve when called upon?

I have watch GOD use people that you never though would be used for the kingdom. He has used people that fell and gotten back up, uses a child to change the hearts of grow adults, use past addicts to show Christ to people struggling with addictions, use prisoners to lead people to Christ, used the richest and the poorest and uses the ordinary people to tell the world about Christ Jesus and His amazing Grace and Love.

Oh Father GOD, please use this dumb sheep to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Use me to tell of your name and to show what you have done in my life. I am a new creature because of Your Sons sake. GOD, I am just one, however use me to tell one person about You daily. Holy Spirit guide me to Love GOD, to Love all People, be willing to Serve Other and never stop Telling Everyone about you Amazing Grace. Amen

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound, that saved a wretch; like me! I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Timothy P. Furness