logo

Go Back   HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:44 AM   #1
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, January 11, 2018, Luke 11:1

Word of the Day, January 11, 2018

“ And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight, The clouds be rolled back as a scroll; The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend, Even so, it is well with my soul.”

Luke 11:1

1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

When I was in Canaan, I asked a preacher man how do I grow closer to GOD? He wisely told me through prayer, times on my knees and reading His Words. I had the reading part down but my prayer life was really only when I wanted something or just a quick thank you GOD type prayer. How do we grow closer to the ones we love, our friends? We talk to them, getting to know them, and share things with them right? This is how we get to know GOD, speaking to Him in prayer, praising Him in our prayers, worshipping with Him in our prayers and reading His Word not once in awhile but daily.

Jesus gave us many examples of pray starting with the LORD’s Prayer in verses 2-4 in Luke 11. He prayed at His baptism in Luke 3: 21, also in a solitary place in Mark 1:35. Luke tells us about Jesus was in the wilderness, a lonely place in Luke 5:16 and all night in the mountain before choosing the Twelve was shared with us in Luke 6:12. Jesus before His invitation, “Come unto me” he prayed “ I thank thee, O Father, LORD of heaven and earth” in Matthew 1:25-27.

Christ prayed in Luke 9:28-29 before His Transfiguration, for the little children, before the raising of Lazarus in John 11:41-42. Jesus prayed before the Last Supper and for Peter, and for His disciples in John 17. Christ even prayed on the cross in Luke 23:34 asking GOD, “ forgive them, for they not know what they do.”

Jesus put a lot of emphasis on private prayer also in Matthew 6:6 in our own prayer closet. I don’t want you to think that this rules us out of public or group prayer, but I think the largest part of our prayer life should be private with one on one to GOD. If we can lift our hearts to GOD, before and after every important decision, for strength and guidance or in thanksgiving and let this time be between you and GOD totally filled with openness and complete humility I believe that there will be no other thing that will bring such great joy in our lives. We can call upon on our closest FRIEND, hand in hand with the all-powerful GOD to discuss everything, even the simplest thing in our lives each day.

Father GOD, my prayer is that I can have the practice or habit of prayer, to learn and apply to myself with patience in my prayers. I pray for the persistence and perseverance for my prayer life and the faith in my prayers for those that are lifted up to GOD in prayer. I also pray to give You all the glory no matter how my prayers are answered. I pray that my relationship with You grows closer and closer each and everyday and as I walk hand in hand with You, my Father GOD. Thank You Abba Father GOD. I ask all this in your son, Christ Jesus precious name.

“ I come to the garden alone, While the dew is still on the roses; and the voice I hear, falling on my ear, The Son of God discloses. And He walks with me, And He talks with me, And He tells me I am His own;”

Timothy P. Furness
timfurn is offline   Reply With Quote