Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, September 26, 2017, Luke 9:12-17 >

Word of the Day, September 26, 2017, Luke 9:12-17

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, September 26, 2017, Luke 9:12-17

Old 09-26-2017, 02:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, September 26, 2017, Luke 9:12-17

Word of the Day, September 26, 2017

“ When Satan tempts me to despair, and tells me of the guilt within, Upward I look, and see Him there who made an end of all my sin. Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free; For God, the Just, is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me.”

Luke 9:12-17

12 And when the day began to wear away, then came the twelve, and said unto him, Send the multitude away, that they may go into the towns and country round about, and lodge, and get victuals: for we are here in a desert place.
13 But he said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they said, We have no more but five loaves and two fishes; except we should go and buy meat for all this people.
14 For they were about five thousand men. And he said to his disciples, Make them sit down by fifties in a company.
15 And they did so, and made them all sit down.
16 Then he took the five loaves and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed them, and brake, and gave to the disciples to set before the multitude.

Matthew shares what Jesus did in chapter 14, stating that Jesus took the five loaves of bread and the two fishes and looking to heaven. Mark tells the same thing in chapter 6 that Christ looked up to heaven. We too are to look up to heaven and GOD-ward.

This is a WOD that has two points. The first point is who better to follow for an example of what to do than Jesus Himself? I have been praying for a situation for a few months and trying to let GOD handle it and not for me to take care of it and I continued to look towards heaven and not to myself here on earth. I needed to look GOD-ward and not Tim-ward and trust me, I wanted to make the decision and take action myself because that is who I am. I was praying and many brothers were also praying and looking towards heaven for an answer for me. Guess what, I trusted and GOD provide His will for this situation. Praise ye the LORD!

Exodus 18:19: 19 Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to God-ward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God:

2 Corinthians 3:4-5: 4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

1 Thessalonians 1:8: 8 For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing.

The second point is are we looking GOD-ward for guidance, seeking the Holy Spirit to walk in and be in the Spirit and not in the flesh. Do we think that we do it all?

Paul was giving credit to GOD for all of his accomplishments. We are guilty of taking the credit for GOD’s works. We believe in our own power and success stories. I did this and I did that, when it had nothing to do with me, but only from GOD above. How are we doing with looking GOD-ward with our faith, with our actions, our voice and our walk? I hate when I look inward, self-ward, Tim-ward, away from the Spirit.

Do we believe that it is not my life but for Christ? Do we praise ourselves for earthly gain or praise GOD for them? Are we a witness and a warrior and a living sacrifice for Christ? No matter what we do for a job in life, what we do from day to day, every one of us as believers is called to witness along the way for Christ. All of us have been called to take the good news to the lost, called us to sing His praises, no matter what the cost. Will we follow as He leads? Do we have faith in His promises?

These are all easy things to say yes to, but harder to truly apply them to our day to day walk. The questions that we might ask ourselves are these. Am I imitating Christ? Am I sounding out for the LORD? Am I a good ensample? Am I looking self-ward or GOD-ward?

“ Standing here in Your presence thinking of the good things You have done. Waiting here patiently just to hear Your still small voice I hear. Calling, righteous, faithful till the end. Savior, healer, redeemer and friend I will worship You for who You are.”

Timothy P. Furness