Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day September 20, 2017, Matthew 11:3 >

Word of the Day September 20, 2017, Matthew 11:3

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day September 20, 2017, Matthew 11:3

Old 09-20-2017, 03:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day September 20, 2017, Matthew 11:3

Word of the Day, September 20, 2017

" Blessing and honor and glory and power forever to our God." Star of the morning, Light of salvation, Majesty. God of all mysteries. Lord of the universe. Righteous king.”

Matthew 11:3

3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?

I want to talk about the word Kingdom today. The word Kingdom occurs more than 40 times in the book of Matthew. The Jewish people were expecting a political kingdom with their Messiah ruling them and the world. Herod shared this notion and even tried to destroy Jesus early in His childhood because he though the Messiah’s kingdom would be a rival kingdom. The twelve disciples also though the same when Jesus ready to ascend into heaven and the last question they asked, “ Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom of Israel.”

If we are in the Word studying daily, we will see that Christ did not come to rule over a political kingdom but GOD’s reign in the hearts of the people that will control and transform our lives. Jesus came for all of mankind to love Him, so that He can change us into His own image. Here is the best part. Out of affection for Him, a sincere devotion for Him, and an adoration of Him will grow all the beauty and comforts of our earthly lives, the transformation of character and the regeneration of our soul. Now that is a kingdom I want to be in.

The word “kingdom” as used in the New Testaments, has a range of meanings. The basic ideal is the word implies Jesus dominion in our hearts and through all dispensations and onward into heaven. (I like that. That made me stop and smile and to give GOD a shout out of praise.) But sometimes it refers to GOD’s reign to individuals: sometimes, the general reign of righteousness among men: sometimes, the church: sometimes, Christendom: sometimes, the millennial reign and sometimes, heaven.

I want to be part of that kingdom of GOD through all these examples listed. I want to serve the Kingdom of GOD and look forward to the Kingdom, a new heaven and earth and Jesus Christ our King.

“ The splendor of a king. Clothed in majesty. Let all the earth rejoice. All the earth rejoice. He wraps Himself in light, and darkness tries to hide and trembles at His voice. Trembles at His voice. How great is our God – sing with me, How great is our God – and all will see How great, how great is our God.”

Timothy P. Furness