Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
We survived Irma >

We survived Irma

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

We survived Irma

Old 09-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default We survived Irma

We survived Irma by the grace of God..apart from an auto wreck in about 1974 this is the most scared I've ever been in..The eye went over our home at 12o Am night time..and we had sustained Hurricane 2 for 14 hours and gust of 130 Cat 3 which fell three oaks on my neighbors home..one busted their roof. We had 500 roads blocked from power poles and fallen oaks..and some are still without power..We were without power for 5 days..School opens tomorrow..been out since last Monday. I pastor a church at a poor mobile home park mostly poor widows and the fatherless.... about 1/2 mile from my home..I was SHOCKED very minimal damage..and they never lost power..just a few carports rolled up like a sardine can..I'd prayed at least 8 times..and listened to all 150 PSALMs during the storm and was still very concerned/scared..as I watched trees losing 3 inch branches like broken pretzel sticks..BUT we made it..We've been helping those not quite so fortunate..Amos 3;6" when a calamity comes to a city..know that I did it"...1 Peter 4:17 says The time has come that judgment must first begin in the church of God.and if the righteous scarcely make it..where does that leave the sinner and ungodly"...this is simply a wake up call ..After 5 days of no power it's nice to know that we can survive without the internet...we did it in the 60s and 70s I kept my flip phone charged by my trolling motor battery..We lost all our food in the freezer and frigerator. We shared alot of food before it spoiled with our friends who had power..and my son let us sleep in their home..they had power..They have a very nice home..We slept in their bed..like the Holiday Inn.{-; very classy One cause for judgment is to promote righteousness..What is righteousness??.."To love your neighbor as yourself" I saw lots of that going on..people helping other people..and companies helping other peoples..FOR FREE..Rain was hit and miss..some areas got flooded..we hardly got any rain..I went bass fishing this morning..My spot was much higher with water..fish were off..I brought home one keeper..
God bless
C7

Last edited by Chuck7; 09-19-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

I'm glad you're safe.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks sir..I appreciate you police officers..retired or not..