Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, September 18, 2017, Luke 1:64 >

Word of the Day, September 18, 2017, Luke 1:64

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, September 18, 2017, Luke 1:64

Old 09-18-2017, 03:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, September 18, 2017, Luke 1:64

Word of the Day, September 18, 2017

“ Jesus walked that lonesome road to preach the Gospel. But someone walked ahead to pave the way. One who felt he wasn’t fit to carry Jesus’s shoes. A woolly man adorned in disarray. A Man who got his feet wet for the glory of the Lord. John the Baptist was a chosen man. His voice called from the wilderness a warning and the word. The kingdom of Heaven is at hand.”

Luke 1:64

64 And his mouth was opened immediately, and his tongue loosed, and he spake, and praised God.

As I was reading today in the Life Journal Reading Plan we are reading in The Gospel According to Luke. Luke shares with us the story about Zacharias and Elisabeth, the mother and father of John the Baptist. Zacharias went into the temple to execute the priest office before GOD and an angel appeared before him and told him that his wife Elisabeth shall bear him a son and that his name shall be called John and that his son John shall be great in the sight of the Lord.

Ok, lets be real here, how would you handle an angel appearing before you and telling you that as an old man and a wife that is stricken in years is going to have a baby? Would there be any doubt in you? Well because of Zacharias doubt, he was made speechless until John was born. The people outside the temple thought that he was a great man of GOD spending so much time in the temple and that he even might have had a vision. Little did they know that he did not believe what GOD’s messenger had told him. Does this ring a bell to anybody? Reminds of me not listening to GOD speaking to me over my many years of disobedience.

Here comes the best part for me. For at least 9 months, Zacharias could not speak, a real trial I would think for him. Then Elisabeth deliveries the baby and as traditions would have it they all expected to new born child to be named after his father Zacharias, but Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost when she heard Mary voice of salutations months before and Elisabeth told them to name the boy John at his circumcision. They all looked to Zacharias expecting him to say no and he wrote that the boy was to be named John.

Verse 64 is the one that touches me, God opened his mouth after 9 months, his tongue was free and Zacharias spoke and the first words out of his mouth was praising GOD. How many of us would do that after we had gone through a trial. Please read the rest of Chapter 1 and see what Zacharias spoke to the people after being filled with the Holy Ghost and praise GOD Almighty.

The best decision I every made after accepting Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour was the day I walked into Canaan and made the decision that I was going to praise my Father GOD for my trial. Jesus was there with His outstretched hands for me and my family and guess what, he is also there for you too. Give Him alone all the glory.

“ Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come. With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings, You are my everything and I will adore You.”

Timothy P. Furness