Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Dy, September 11, 2017, Acts 16:31 >

Word of the Dy, September 11, 2017, Acts 16:31

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Dy, September 11, 2017, Acts 16:31

Old 09-11-2017, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Dy, September 11, 2017, Acts 16:31

Word of the Day, September 11, 2017

“ I'm done building my own kingdom. No more seeking worthless idols. Like sheep we have all gone astray we must choose this day. Whom we will serve? As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. We will serve the Lord.”

Acts 16:31

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

So as believers, our family should be our first ministry. As we read the Word of GOD and apply what we read to our neighbors, friends and even strangers we often forget to do this in our own homes for our own family. We need to work on our family’s salvation, praying with and for our spouses and children each and every day. Teaching them the Word of GOD and training up our children.

Joshua makes a bold statement about his house: 15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

We serve so many different gods today: money, sports, hunting and fishing, a bigger house, more toys for our kids and we forget to tell them of Christ daily, encouraging them to walk with the LORD and not of this world.

Proverbs 22:6 tells us to 6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Our foundation of teaching our children is the Word of GOD. Do our children see Christ in us at home or only when we attend church on Sundays?

Proverbs is filled with great advice about raising our children.

Proverbs 17:6: 6 Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.

Proverbs 29:17: 17 Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul. This is some good advice for us. I am guilty of letting my kids get away with stuff because I am to busy, tired or even had enough of correcting them.

Proverbs 23:24-25: 24 The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him. 25 Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice.

Ephesians 6:4 gives us great advice and guidance as parents: 4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Isaiah 54:13 continues this advice about teaching children about our LORD and Saviour: 13 And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

Paul writes Godly advice that can apply to our families also in Ephesians 4 to 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Many families do not practice this within their own family. Kids walk away from their parents and parents walk away from their children and brothers and sisters walk away and never speaking to each other for long periods of time of even forever usually over something so stupid.

I’ll finish with this today from the Book of Psalms, Chapter 128: 1 (A Song of degrees.) Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways. 2 For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. 3 Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table. 4 Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD. 5 The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life. 6 Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel.

Father GOD, today I come asking for your hand of protection around my girls. Asking that they seek you first in all they do. Holy Spirit guide them each and everyday. Let them seek your Word for guidance and I pray for them to continue in their desire to serve you. I pray for their futures, I pray that you bring a man that loves You, Christ Jesus and knows You personally as their LORD and Saviour. I pray they seek you early and every night thanking you for all the blessing that you have provided to them each. Thank you Father GOD for these precious gifts you have given to their mother and I. I pray that they will always see Christ in us as their parents and that for me and my house, we will always serve you and your kingdom. Amen!

“ Chose you this day. Tell me who will you serve. Let nothing stand in your way. Give the praise He deserves. As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

Timothy P. Furness