Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, September 5, 2017, Hebrews 4:14-16 >

Word of the Day, September 5, 2017, Hebrews 4:14-16

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, September 5, 2017, Hebrews 4:14-16

Old 09-05-2017, 03:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, September 5, 2017, Hebrews 4:14-16

Word of the Day, September 5, 2017

“ Standing on the promises that cannot fail, when the howling storms of doubt and fear assail, by the living Word of God I shall prevail, Standing on the promises of God. Standing, standing, Standing on the promises of God my Savior; Standing, standing, I’m standing on the promises of God.”

Hebrews 4:14-16

14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Tempted: entice or attempt to entice (someone) to do or acquire something that they find attractive but know to be wrong or not beneficial.

So I will ask this question to all of us. Have you ever been tempted to do something that is unwise, wrong or immoral that we know is sin? I’ll start first. Yes I have done this. Ok, now I am waiting for your answer…

I have been talking with a man that is struggling with a temptation and being lured away from GOD because he has acted on these temptations. So I pray for him, asking that he walks in the Spirit and not in the flesh and I wonder what I can say to him. The only thing I know is the Scriptures. These verses are about being tempted, about what we can do to get away from temptation and what we can do to help us get away from temptations and sin through Jesus Christ.

I pray this will also encourage all of us with any temptations that we might be fighting. Oh, Father GOD speak to us today through your Words. Holy Spirit fill us and guide us away from sin and temptations and thank you Christ Jesus for dying for our sins on that Mercy Tree.

1 Corinthians 10:12-13: 12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Hebrews 2:18: 18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

II Peter 2:9: 9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Psalm 119:11: 11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

James 1:13-14: 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

1 Peter 5:8-9: 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Ephesians 6:10-18: 10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

1 John 4:4: 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Jude 24-25: 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 1:6-7: 6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: 7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

My Prayer today, is that these scriptures speak to us as we fight temptations in our daily walk. I pray that we keep sin so far from us, away from our family, and out of our churches at all times seeking the Holy Spirit to guide us. LORD, let these scriptures change our desire today, change our wicked hearts and that we always have a God-ward look instead of a downward look on this world. When tempations hit us, Lord I pray that we seek you in prayer and your Words to guide us each and every time.

“ You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel. Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all. Jesus, Lamb of God. Worthy is Your name. Jesus, Lamb of God. Worthy is Your name.”

Timothy P. Furness