Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, August 31, 2017, Psalm 63:1-5 >

Word of the Day, August 31, 2017, Psalm 63:1-5

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, August 31, 2017, Psalm 63:1-5

Old 08-31-2017, 04:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, August 31, 2017, Psalm 63:1-5

Word of the Day, August 31, 2017

“ You are there when I most need you. You are there so constantly. You come shining through. You always do. You are always there for me.”

Psalm 63:1-5:

1 (A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.) O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
3 Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:

Are you dissatisfied with your life? Have you tried many different things to become satisfied in life? Things like work, love, sex, money, others gods, self help books, sports, hunting, fishing, shopping, drugs or alcohol? As a man that can speak from experience, only Christ can satisfy.

GOD promises to pure water upon us for our thirst, to pour His Spirit upon our seed (our family) and blessing upon our offsprings in Isaiah 44.

I had to believe and remember daily through my trial that I can do all things through Christ which strenghteneth me. I had to know how to be abased and to know how to abound, to be instructed to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer needs.

I needed to seek my GOD early, to thirst for GOD in my life, to long for Him when my world is turned upside down no matter what is going on. I need to see His power and His glory because GOD’s lovingkindness is better than life and my lips shall praise Him, lifting up my hands in His name. My soul shall be satisfied and my mouth shall praise You with joyful words and sounds from my lips.

Psalm 103:1-5: 1 (A Psalm of David.) Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; 5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

I have spoken to many men over the years and I hear them complain (and I am guilty of this from time to time myself when my flesh takes over) and ask them if they started and ended their day with Praise to our Father GOD or start and never finish complaining and whining throughout their day? Do we bless His holy name or do we forget all of GOD’s benefits and blessing on our lives? He forgives us and gives us mercies we do not deserve and we cannot cry our Abba Father, thank you? Do we thank Him for redeeming our eternal life from Hell as believers?

These were the words that got me through my time in the valley. Isaiah 12: says this: 1 And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. 2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. 3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. 4 And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. 5 Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. 6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

Today, Praise Him, Trust Him, Declare Him above all, Sing unto Him, Cry out to Him and Shout out to Him, the Holy One of Israel in the midst of your morning, throughout your day and at the end of your day! Hallelujah!

“ When life brings me to my knees, when my back's against the wall, You are standing there right with me. Just to keep me standing tall. Though a burden I may be You don't weary, you don't rest. You are reaching out to carry me, and I know I'm heaven blessed.”

Timothy P. Furness