Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, August 22, 2017, Psalm 67 >

Word of the Day, August 22, 2017, Psalm 67

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, August 22, 2017, Psalm 67

Old 08-22-2017, 04:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, August 22, 2017, Psalm 67

Word of the Day, August 22, 2017

“ Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide; Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside! “Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!” Morning by morning new mercies I see; All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!”

Psalm 67:1-7:

1 (To the chief Musician on Neginoth, A Psalm or Song.) God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; Selah.
2 That thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations.
3 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.
4 O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah.
5 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.
6 Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.
7 God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.

This is what is missing today. Let the people praise thee; let all the people praise thee. We praise men, other women and ourselves, we praise money and success, and we praise sports teams, movie stars and musicians but are we praising our Creator daily?

Isaac Watts, author of over 750 hymns and such great hymns like “ When I Survey the Wondrous Cross, This is the Day the Lord Hath Made and Joy to the World ” also penned Shine, Mighty GOD, On Britain Shine from Psalm 67. I would like to share this as an example of what we should be doing for our country and the nations of this world in our daily pray and our praise to our Father GOD.

“ Shine, mighty God, on Britain shine, with beams of heav'nly grace; Reveal thy power through all our coasts, and show thy smiling face. Amidst our isle, exalted high, do thou our glory stand, and, like a wall of guardian fire, Surround the fav'rite land.”

“ When shall thy name, from shore to shore, Sound all the earth abroad; and distant nations know and love their Savior and their God?”

“ Sing to the Lord, ye distant lands sing loud with solemn voice; while British tongues exalt his praise, and British hearts rejoice. He, the great Lord, the sovereign Judge, that sits enthroned above, wisely commands the worlds He made in justice and in love.”

“ Earth shall obey her Maker's will, and yield a full increase; our God will crown his chosen isle with fruitfulness and peace. God the Redeemer scatters round His choicest favors here, while the creation's utmost bound shall see, adore, and fear.”

Do we ask GOD to shine His grace on America? Do we ask GOD to show His powers from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean? Do we ask GOD to put a hedge of protection across this country? Do we ask the same of all the earth’s Nations for GOD’s mercies on them? Are we singing to the Lord loudly exalting His praises? Are we asking for GOD wisdom on the leaders of this country of ours and other nations?

I think both this chapter in Psalms and this hymn finish with what we are lacking in this world and even just in our nation. Fear of the LORD our Redeemer. We want blessing for our nation but yet we have no fear of GOD. We have taking GOD out of everything, church attendance is down, schools teach you have the freedom to do what every you want and that everything is ok, nothing is wrong if it makes you feel good and we have walked away from the teaching of the Scriptures.

So I’ll finish with this. We want things to be better, for the increases in our lives, for our nation then we must put GOD first, praising our Heavenly Father, going back to how this country was founded, on GOD and He will bless this nation. If not, we will continue down this slippery sloop that is happening each and everyday in this land we call the United States of America. O GOD, let all the people praise your name, O GOD, let them all praise You.

“ When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of glory died, my richest gain I count but loss, and pour contempt on all my pride.”

Timothy P. Furness