Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, August 15, 2017, Luke 9:23 >

Word of the Day, August 15, 2017, Luke 9:23

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, August 15, 2017, Luke 9:23

Old 08-15-2017, 02:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, August 15, 2017, Luke 9:23

Word of the Day, August 15, 2017

“ You are the everlasting God. The everlasting God. You do not faint. You won't grow weary. You're the defender of the weak. You comfort those in need. You lift us up on wings like eagles. You are the everlasting God. The everlasting God. The everlasting God. The everlasting.”

Luke 9:23

23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Let: Such a simple word, only 3 letters but filled with so much meaning and action.

Let is an action, a proactive word and not a passive word. I need to Let myself deny myself. I need to Let myself hear the Word of GOD. I need to Let my heart be troubled. Let us go in peace. Let us not fight against GOD. Let GOD be true. Let not sin reign in our mortal bodies. Let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith. Let us wait. Let our soul be subject to the higher powers. Let us cast out the works of darkness. Let us love, Let us not judge unrighteous. Let every one please our neighbors. Let us take heed. Let every man abide. Let all your things be done with charity. Let all things be done decently and in order and Let us glory in the LORD.

It is a simple word with a lot of meaning. It means to allow something to happen; to allow someone in; offering to do something. Do we allow GOD to make something happen in our lives? Do we allow Christ into our heart? Do we offer to do GOD’s work for the kingdom?

Do we deny ourselves? Do we Let it not be about us? Do we put GOD first? Do we Let man be glorified and not GOD? Do we Let ourselves wait upon the LORD or do we just do what we want and when we want to do it?

Christ presented a clear and challenging description of the Christian life that we need to lead. Being a believer means that we need to put away selfish desires and to shoulder our cross everyday and to completely follow Him. It is really simple but yet very demanding.

Do you know that the 12 disciples suffered and most were killed for their belief and preaching of the Word of Christ? Are we willing to live for Christ today? Do we think of our relationship with GOD is about what we can get out of Him or what we can do for Him? Are we willing to deny self? Are we willing to take up our cross daily and to follow Him? Anything less is lip service. Are we willing to Let GOD be first in our lives?

“ Jesus You are stronger, more than any other. Hallelujah what a savior. Jesus You are higher. My soul´s deepest desire. Hallelujah You are savior. You are the shepherd king. You lead us by still waters. Hallelujah You are savior.”

Timothy P. Furness