Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Religion
Word of the Day, August 3, 2017, Daniel 3:15-18 >

Word of the Day, August 3, 2017, Daniel 3:15-18

Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Word of the Day, August 3, 2017, Daniel 3:15-18

Old 08-03-2017, 03:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Word of the Day, August 3, 2017, Daniel 3:15-18

Word of the Day, August 3, 2017

Happy 4th Anniversary for the Word of the Day! To GOD goes all the Glory. Thank you to all that have read the messages that the LORD has laid on my heart each morning. I would have never thought that Tim Furness could be used to share GOD’s Words to thousands and thousands of people daily. Thank you for all that share the WORD to your friends, family and co-workers. Thank you Father GOD for getting my attention and for showing me how to Love You, how to Love People, how to Serve Others and to have the desire to Tell Everyone about your Saving Grace.

There have been many encouraging messages from the readers sharing how the verses and the message were on time for them. Souls have been won for Christ, relationships have been restored, people have started reading the Holy Scriptures daily, people have started going to church and people that have fallen away from the LORD have come back to Him. Writing the WOD has been a true blessing to me and has been a learning experience for me and has drawn me closer to GOD and to know His Word even better each day. Thank You Father GOD for using a sinner like myself to share your Word to the world.

I remember writing this WOD like it was yesterday. I knew in Canaan during my last days that this would be my first message because of what the Holy Spirit had shown me during my time-out with the LORD. “ But if not ” were the 3 words that hit me the hardest. It had to be my choice also, that no matter what, I would choose our LORD and Saviour and to choose a blessing and not a curse and that as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Word of the Day, August 3, 2014

“ Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, let this blest assurance control, that Christ has regarded my helpless estate, and hath shed His own blood for my soul. It is well with my soul. It is well, it is well with my soul.”

Daniel 3:15:18

15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

"But if not." What a strong statement to make. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were resolved to obey God, whether or not he chose to save them. They knew that God wasn't obligated to help them. Are we willing to serve God like they were?

In the early days of World War II, more than 350,000 British soldiers were trapped at Dunkirk. The German forces were on their way, and they surely could wipe out the British soldiers. When it seemed certain that the soldiers at Dunkirk were about to be massacred, a British naval officer sent back to Winston Churchill these three words back to London: "But if not." They were willing to fight till the death because they loved God and their country.

Are we willing to die for our God, do we have the faith needed to walk into the furnace that was turned up and so hot that the soldiers that walked Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego burned up just leading them to the furnace. But as we know the story, they walked through the fire and King Nebuchadnezzar saw four people and they came out untouched, not a hair burn nor even smelling like the fire. That 4th person was like the form of the Son of God.

In Verse 28 and 29 it says, 28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God. 29 Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.

No matter what is happening in your life today, remember that things can always change for the better with God, BUT IF NOT, Are we still willing to serve our God and not the earthly gods, idols or the devil. We must remember to give Him all the glory and praise. Are we willing to show our faith in God like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego? I am! Thank you Father God!

“ When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation, and take me home, what joy shall fill my heart. Then I shall bow, in humble adoration, and then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!" Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee, How great Thou art, How great Thou art. Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee, How great Thou art, How great Thou art!”

Timothy P. Furness