Religion Discuss how your religious views affect your hunting lifestyle. All religions are welcome to post.

Bible Verses

Old 04-25-2015, 05:13 AM
Banned

2The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left
Old 04-26-2015, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. Colossians 4:6
Old 04-27-2015, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. Mark 11:25
Old 04-28-2015, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don’t talk before you think or make promises to God without thinking them through. Ecclesiastes 5:2
Old 04-29-2015, 03:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. James 1:14-15
Old 04-29-2015, 04:30 AM
Banned

Matthew 16:26King James Version (KJV)

26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Old 04-30-2015, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. Hebrews 5:11-14
Old 05-01-2015, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. Galatians 6:7

Yesterday a person that up to then I admired for his service to country and community decided to publically mock people of faith saying that they are following a fictional character in a far fetched ideology full of nave followers.

I thought to my self "Here is a guy that believes that out of a vacuum of nothing there was an explosion which created the heavens and earth. Then, out of all the barren planets in the universe a lone single cell life form magically appears on this one and then procreates with itself and creates a multitude of life forms. So, he believes that out of nothing total chaos creates order. This is the guy who claims Christians are nave people who believe in a far fetched fictional story?"

I don't care if people want to turn their back on God and invest in the City of Man instead of the City of God, that is their choice. However, when they choose to mock those who have faith, they have crossed a line in my opinion. Rather than jumping in and treating him equally discourteous, I just quietly removed him from my contact list. Someday he'll get the hint.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AF Hunter View Post
Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. Galatians 6:7

Yesterday a person that up to then I admired for his service to country and community decided to publically mock people of faith saying that they are following a fictional character in a far fetched ideology full of nave followers.

I thought to my self "Here is a guy that believes that out of a vacuum of nothing there was an explosion which created the heavens and earth. Then, out of all the barren planets in the universe a lone single cell life form magically appears on this one and then procreates with itself and creates a multitude of life forms. So, he believes that out of nothing total chaos creates order. This is the guy who claims Christians are nave people who believe in a far fetched fictional story?"

I don't care if people want to turn their back on God and invest in the City of Man instead of the City of God, that is their choice. However, when they choose to mock those who have faith, they have crossed a line in my opinion. Rather than jumping in and treating him equally discourteous, I just quietly removed him from my contact list. Someday he'll get the hint.
I agree. and well played.

Proverbs 23:9King James Version (KJV)

9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

A fool despises his father's instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is prudent. PROVERBS 15:5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.