HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Precision and Long Range Shooting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/precision-long-range-shooting-179/)
-   -   1 mile whitetail rifle almost complete (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/precision-long-range-shooting/426257-1-mile-whitetail-rifle-almost-complete.html)

Ridge Runner 07-19-2021 04:59 PM

1 mile whitetail rifle almost complete

its been 10 years in the making, but just looking for a stock to complete it, its a rem. 700 chambered 338 edge a 300 rum, expanded to 338, will run a 300 gr Berger at 2950 fps. has a 31" 9.3 twist Broughton 5C barrel on an accurised LH 700 action, jewell trigger, built by Robert Vessel of Bristol Va. will have a NF 5.5x22 NXS setting on seekins base and rings.....my day is coming, my lifelong dream has been to take a whitetail at 1 mile!

CalHunter 07-19-2021 06:43 PM

Best of luck and post some pics when you take the white tail. :party0005:

Bocajnala 07-19-2021 07:16 PM

:fighting0007:

:jaw:

:party0005:

-Jake

Bocajnala 07-19-2021 07:16 PM

Do you have a spot picked out already where you can get to that distance?

-Jake

Ridge Runner 07-20-2021 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4394737)
Do you have a spot picked out already where you can get to that distance?

-Jake

several places on my bosses property will work, along the river bottoms here its easily done, but just a matter of luck to get the deer to cooperate.

Bocajnala 07-20-2021 01:28 AM

Just gotta wait them out. They'll show up eventually.

-Jake

mrbb 07-20-2021 04:15 AM

cool build
and WV is a bait allowed state I believe or used to be, haven't hunted it in a few yrs

that tends to help get things where you need them to be, if you don'tt mind t flack some give on using it!
I did a lot of long range hunting in WV back in the early 2000's
I forget exact distance but longest kill on camera was about 1300 yards, and we even got a 13 yr old girl a deer at 700+ yards on camera too,
we had a ton of pl;aces that allowed for some LONG shots, but sometimes getting to a kill was a little tricky, thank god for ATV's HAHA!

Ridge Runner 07-20-2021 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by mrbb (Post 4394751)
cool build
and WV is a bait allowed state I believe or used to be, haven't hunted it in a few yrs

that tends to help get things where you need them to be, if you don'tt mind t flack some give on using it!
I did a lot of long range hunting in WV back in the early 2000's
I forget exact distance but longest kill on camera was about 1300 yards, and we even got a 13 yr old girl a deer at 700+ yards on camera too,
we had a ton of pl;aces that allowed for some LONG shots, but sometimes getting to a kill was a little tricky, thank god for ATV's HAHA!

My area is a CWD containment area, no baiting allowed.

mrbb 07-20-2021 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner (Post 4394754)
My area is a CWD containment area, no baiting allowed.

well last time I was hunting down in WV< that wasn't even a thing really HAHA!

but that sucks
CWD is a issue many places are facing these days along with a lot of other things, bears getting Mange a lot now, birds dying for unknown reasons
poor critters are having some hard times in modern times!

bronko22000 07-21-2021 09:42 AM

Well RR I wish you luck. And as much as I like shooting long range (I just started) I am only doing it for the fun of being able to hit steel. I have no desire to hunt any game at those distances. But if that's you cup of tea - I wish you well. I'd just love to see some targets posted at long range with that beauty one she's all set up and an accurate load developed.

PS: Being a fellow southpaw...if it doesn't meet your expectations you can always send it over here to PA! Heck I'll even pay for the shipping to take it off your hands...LOL