Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 I'm loving republiclones more every day !! >

I'm loving republiclones more every day !!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

I'm loving republiclones more every day !!

Old 05-09-2005, 07:08 PM

Default I'm loving republiclones more every day !!

http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/s...=wn_wire_story

U.S. to Pay Hospitals for Illegals' Care

Monday, May 09, 2005 6:07 p.m. ET
By KEVIN FREKING Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Health care providers can charge the government for emergency care provided to illegal aliens beginning Tuesday.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued final guidance Monday that sets up a system for reimbursement. Lawmakers set aside $1 billion over four years for the program, created by Medicare legislation passed in 2003.

For hospitals in border states, the additional money can mean the difference between running a profitable business or an unprofitable one, said Don May, vice president of policy for the American Hospital Association.

"I don't know if it will completely change their financial picture, but for those hospitals on the border, this is going to make a difference in ensuring they are there to treat the patients, not just the undocumented ones, but all the patients living in those communities," May said.

Two-thirds of the money will be distributed to health care providers based on a state's percentage of undocumented aliens. The remaining third will go to providers in the six states with the largest number of arrests of undocumented aliens.

The states receiving the highest amounts in the current fiscal year are California, $70.8 million; Texas, $46 million; Arizona, $45 million; and New York, $12.25 million.

Payments to providers will be made on a quarterly basis and will be adjusted proportionately if the bills exceed the state's allocation.

One group that advocates stricter immigration policies said the government's reimbursement of hospitals was the right thing to do.

"It seems to me that if the federal government has abdicated its responsibility for immigration enforcement, then it's responsible for making those jurisdictions whole," said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies, a think tank based in Washington.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:10 PM

Default RE: I'm loving republiclones more every day !!

BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH !!
Old 05-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

We should be sending Mexico a bill.[:@]

p.s. tard, you just want an escuse to love somebody.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Simple answer to the problem:
No green card , no free medical care .
Hospitals that treat *******s should be prepared to foot the bill for it themselves , not the public . *******s don't pay for my treatment , and I see no reason to pay for theirs . [:@]
Old 05-10-2005, 05:12 AM

No green card , no free medical care .
How about just "no free medical care" ?

More proof that "terrorism" is a total sham. If it's to the point that the fed is going to steal more money from you for illegals, and you pay billions into "homeland insecurity"........... there is no terrorism problem.

new world order
Old 05-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Simple answer to the problem:
No green card , no free medical care
Funny you posted that, because as it stands, here in Texas, the boarder patrol will not stop an ambulance in route from Mexico to an American hospital. The Mexican system is, pay or die. So if a Mexican can not pay for services in Mexico, the hospital will usually ship them over to a boarder town.

Not sure if this is the norm still, since 911, but my best friends wife was a doctor in Elpaso and would come unglued about this issue.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:34 AM

As I sat there this morning looking at Bush and Putin holding hands, I wonder if it ever crossed Putin's mind that bush is in office because of his families Nazi ties....
Old 05-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ridiculous of Bush not to be tough on illegals! Problem is, Kerry would probably not only give them healthcare, but money to live on, courtesy of our taxpayers. It would be the pot calling the kettle black for any democrat to slam Bush on this (not to say tard is a democrat).
Old 05-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]