Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Snowmobile Flip-Flop >

Snowmobile Flip-Flop

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Snowmobile Flip-Flop

Old 10-22-2004, 07:01 AM

Default Snowmobile Flip-Flop

Yep... Guess who
Kerry Campaign Claims To Support Snowmobiling In National Parks

Edwards Says He Supports Allowing Snowmobile Riding In National Parks And National Forests. "'It is so important that we preserve our rural way of life, it's part of who I am, part of what I'll always be,' said Edwards, a U.S. senator from North Carolina. 'And that includes, making sure that your right, your ability to hunt and fish is protected; making sure that you can go in the national parks and national forests and ride on a snowmobile.'" (Jim Ragsdale, "Edwards, On Range, Touts Rural Values," St. Paul Pioneer Press, 10/20/04)

Kerry Campaign Website And Kerry Remarks Show He Opposes Snowmobiling In National Parks

Kerry Would Reinstate "Clinton Administration's Phase-Out Of Noisy And Direct Snowmobiles" From National Parks And "Other Sensitive Areas." "Honor the solitude and beauty of wilderness areas and our National Parks by keeping snowmobiles and jet skis out of Yellowstone and other sensitive areas, and by honestly addressing visitor and wildlife needs in our National Parks. John Kerry will reinstate the Clinton Administration's phase-out of noisy and direct snowmobiles that have been overrunning some of our most precious lands, including Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park. While snowmobiles, jet skis and all terrain vehicles have their place, they do not mix with sensitive wildlife resources and our nation's most special, wild places." (John Kerry For President, "John Kerry's Comprehensive Vision For A Cleaner Environment A Stronger Economy Healthier Communities," 10/03)

Kerry Said There "Absolutely" Should Be Limit On Snowmobile Use In State And National Parks. NPR's NEAL CONAN: "Should there be a limit on snowmobile use in Yellowstone Park and in other state and national parks, yes or no?" SEN. JOHN KERRY: "Absolutely. Yes." (National Public Radio Democrat Presidential Candidate Debate, Des Moines, IA, 1/6/04)

President Bush Reversed Clinton Snowmobile Ban. "The Bush administration plans to allow more snowmobiles in Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks on average, while cutting numbers on the busiest days. The decision reverses one taken during the Clinton presidency that would have banned them by next winter. There would be no limits on snowmobiles for the winter season beginning next month and running until mid-March, Interior Department officials said. But starting in December 2003, no more than 1,100 snowmobiles a day would be allowed in the two popular Western parks together and a portion of the John D. Rockefeller Jr. Memorial Park! way connecting them, the officials said." ("Snowmobile Ban In Two National Parks Reversed," The Houston Chronicle, 11/12/02)
Old 10-22-2004, 07:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Snowmobile Flip-Flop

Ketchup Slurp is always for something until he votes against it ... [:@]
Old 10-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm shocked that he would Flip Flop on this
Old 10-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only thing I have to say about this is , anyone thats supports and votes for him is as ignorant or more so than he is.