Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 how did GW get elected in 2000 ?? >

how did GW get elected in 2000 ??

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

how did GW get elected in 2000 ??

Old 10-15-2004, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how did GW get elected in 2000 ??

I dont think Kerry is any better at speaking. I think Bush is a real person. I could relate to him.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:52 AM

And if you listen closely Bush told you what he will do and has done. And Kerry in his polished glory basically tried to baffle us with BS. His answers were basically either Rhetorical or Bush bashing. I heard nothing of any substance in his words.

Actions speak louder than words...and Kerry's action scare me! Just like the other night I got a call from the AFL-CIO telling me that Kerry IS NOT after my guns!??!??! Well his Senate record(action) tells me a different story? So I have to beleive on what He's done and not "how" he says he's going to do something. BUsh comes off as a regular guy, He probably hates speaking in big crowds, I know I do and I can relate to that and I think many others can too. I think that is where he gets his popularity is He seems more like you or I up there? My two cents.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good post lamb. That is the point entirely.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with lamb1647: John Kerry is one of the most articulate, genial, well spoken, intelligent, handsome, unprincipled, self-serving liars I have observed in politics. I don't trust for a minute that he supports my "care abouts" -- protection of my second amendment rights, a strong national defense, and fiscal responsibility. I don't care HOW LONG he trys to tell me otherwise, for crying out loud, I'm 48 years old!!! How stupid and naieve would I be to believe him based on his track record? You can tell a 20 year old that you are for something which is a direct contradiction of your entire history, but don't try to tell a person over 40, with a mortgage, with children in school. We've been fooled and manipulated and suffered by it more than once by this age. Pain and suffering are wonderfully powerful teachers, I have found.

The fact that George Bush stumbles over his words, says the wrong things sometimes . . . it just doesn't matter to me. Why doesn't it? Because he is on the right side of these issues that matter to me. Fiscal responsibility? Well, how would ANYONE play it better than Bush has? You have a war to wage which you did not choose, it chose you, and it costs lots of money. You have a recession that you did not choose or cause, and a tax cut provides money to jump start the economy or to reduce the depth of the economic correction (by the way, my technical stocks got really hammered in April 2000 -- while Bill Clinton was president -- and this is where the economy started to go to hell, well before Bush was elected, well before 9/11. The reality is that we had a classic economic bubble followed by the classic economic bubble burst, and I speak of one of the people soundly thumped by the bubble bursting, as I am an engineer out of work for 14 months and now working in a different career field for substantially less money). These things add up to a budget deficit. Or it leads to a budget deficit unless you cut funds for education, welfare, and other domestic programs by some $300 B, and guess how much support George Bush would have gotten for that move in congress which after all does hold the power of the purse.

Notwithstanding, a stronger Democratic candidate in either 2000 or 2004 would defeat George Bush. He isn't unbeatable, just better than the Democrats who ran against him. He probably would not beat JFK. He probably would have beat Jimmy Carter, under similar circumstances to today (war/terrorism threats). He probably would have beat Michael Dukakis. Would he have handled Walter Mondale? I don't know enough about Mondale to say. Just, Kerry is not a good enough Democrat, in my opinion.