Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Bush is hurting himself, lost 2nd debate. >

Bush is hurting himself, lost 2nd debate.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Bush is hurting himself, lost 2nd debate.

Old 10-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bush is hurting himself, lost 2nd debate.

According to Fox News, Bush lost the 2nd debate to Kerry tonight. I thought Bush looked much better, but there is something holding him back it seems.

Personally I think he is cramming to much for the debates. People Like President Bush, his handlers need to back off and just let him be himself.

I swear everytime I vote for someone they lose. Bush is dropping in the polls. I swear if it would help Bush win I would vote for Kerry

Joking, Go Bush!!!!!!! Come on raise your game Mr. president.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:23 PM

Default RE: Bush is hurting himself, lost 2nd debate.

I don't know about him losing the debate in my opinion. but then again i think kerry is debater and is well versed at lying and making people believe him. you see i look at kerry and see a horse face liar .
If kerry was the only name on the ballot i would write in daffy duck and cast my vote!

Bush will get my vote regardless of ANY poll!
Old 10-08-2004, 09:55 PM

HOW THE HELL DID KERRY WIN THE FRIGGIN DEBATE??? HE COULDNT RUN ON HIS DAMN RECORD AND COULDNT EXPLAIN HIS PLANS RIGHT OR ANSWER QUESTIONS RIGHT LIKE THE ABORTION, RAISING TAXES, IRAQ, TROOP ALIGNMENT, STEM CELL RESEARCH ETC I MEAN KERRY GOT CREAMED IMOP ON THESE TOPICS. GA CNN HAD THIS SEGMENT WHERE VIRTUALLY ALL INDEPENDENTS LIKED WHAT BUSH DID AND LIKED HIS TONE AND ALSO SAID THAT KERRY WAS TOO NEGATIVE FOR THEIR LIKING! SO THIS NOTION THAT KERRY WON IS BS BECAUSE THE PRESIDENT WAS CLEAR ON EVERY TOPIC THERE WAS AND KERRY JUST WASNT BECAUSE HE WAS TRYING TO SOUND MODERATE WHEN HE IS A LIBERAL!! KERRY IS A GREAT DEBATOR AND SHOULD BE BY LOOKING AT HIS RECORD AND YOU WONDER WHY HE STILL IS IN OFFICE?

ONE THING I LIKED ABOUT THE DEBATE.... KERRY: BUSH OWNS A TIMBER COMPANY AND HE PAID 84 BUCKS FOR IT...... BUSH: REALLY? I DIDNT KNOW I OWNED A TIMBER COMPANY? NEED SOME WOOD? MY GOD I WAS LAUGHING AND BUSH HAD HUMOR AND CAN RELATE TO VOTERS. KERRY WAS CHEESY.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

He lost again, but did better this time, and Kerry did worse. It's not that he's wrong on the issues, it's that he doesn't think on his feet to counter Kerry's BS. For example, he never pointed out that Kerry voted against the first Gulf War when Iraq invaded Kuwait. What would the price of oil be now if that happened? Chances are, Saddam would have since taken over Saudi Arabia, and the price at the pumps would be well in excess of what it is now.

Also, Bush stated INDEPENDENT figures on the cost of Kerry's proposed spending, but Kerry responded saying it was the Administartion's figures, and Bush never corrected him on it.

Most importantly, Kerry has Bush in a bind because the fact is that Russia, France and Germany each voted against going in due to their own personal economic connections with Iraq, and not because enforcing their own "last chance" resolution was the right thing to do. Russia and France each had tens of billions of dollars in oil deals with Iraq when Saddam held power, Russia, France and Germany each sold military equipment to Iraq in violation of the sanctions, and now we know that Russia and France had top political figures involved in payoffs via the food for oil scandal. Bush couldn't say these things because it would have upset those countries and alienated them. But is is the absolute truth, and is the reason why we shouldn't subordinate our national security to other UN nations' economic interestes. Kerry knows that full well, and knows he can get away with criticizing Bush on not getting them to go along with the invasion, because Bush can't come out and say it publicly. Remember, Kerry said in 2002 that Saddam was our biggest threat. Now he's saying Saddam wasn't a threat, because he doesn't have to live with the decision the President has to make when given the best intelligence we have when his number one responsibility is to ensure the safety of this nation. Also, Kerry voted time and again to cut intelligence, so it just might be because of his position that we didn't have the proper intelligence to begin with.

Another point is that no other President went into office in the beginning of a recession that started under the prior administration, had a 9/11-like attack to contend with that led to over 1,000,000 jobs lost in 90 days, had corporate scandals revealed (that had been going on since well into the prior administration), and had oil prices go out of control beyond their control. There is a very good reason why the job numbers aren't what they could be. Nevertheless, the unemployment rate is lower than during the 70's, 80's and 90's. I think it is commendable considering, yet Bush never pointed out any of these factors except the recession. In fact, if Republican policies are so bad, we should be doing WORSE as we go, not increasing job growth every month (nearly 2 million in the last year)!

Also, we are now learning that terrorists in Iraq had the blueprints of many schools in this country. For Kerry to say that "Iraq is far from the center of the war on terror" is an absolute lie. This is the guy who voted to unilaterally disarm ourselves of nuclear weapons during the height of the cold war, and now says we should not develop bunker busting nukes, while at the same time saying the biggest threat to our country is having nukes in the hands of terrorists, many of whom we know reside in mountainous caves! If he were President instead of Kennedy, I can't help but think we'd be dead now due to backing down from Russia and having nukes launched at us from Cuba.

The bottom line is that there are many Republicans out there that are better debaters than Bush, but his POLICIES are what we are ultimately voting for, and that's what makes him a better choice than Kerry. All that is to say nothing of Kerry's 100% grade from PETA and the Brady bunch.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go to foxnews.com and cnn.com. Bush lost the debate 8x8, although I do agree he did much better in this one.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Typical Buck

I'm going to have to disagree with those who say who won or lost these debates based on the unscientific polling @ news websites. Some of us get alerts from the DNC. Alerts have gone out to have their lackeys skew the polls, many voting early & often. Polling from the VP debate had Edwards winning it running away, & we all saw what really happened. Edwards winning that debate is something not even the WWE could pull off!

From my personal view, President Bush won this debate. He set the tone & led the action. albiet not to the degree that Cheney did. They both got in punches, many times determined by who got the last word. President Bush connected with the audience, was real, fairly articulate, & humorous in the right places. Kerry seemed to stumble a little over the embryonic stem cell questions. I would call it a victory for Bush - not a knockout, but round 2 goes to President Bush.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:18 AM

I'm going to have to disagree with those who say who won or lost these debates based on the unscientific polling @ news websites. Some of us get alerts from the DNC. Alerts have gone out to have their lackeys skew the polls, many voting early & often. Polling from the VP debate had Edwards winning it running away, & we all saw what really happened. Edwards winning that debate is something not even the WWE could pull off!
bingo! i heard that rumor on the radio about some emails flyin around about how kerry is so great blah blah blah. Thats also why i dont read into polls except the APR rating poll because if it stays above 50% its good for the prez.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I certainly don't think that GWB "lost" this debate! I think that he did a much better job than the last debate. He did get a little more aggitated, but what real man would'nt!?
In the last debate the media made a big deal about Bush scowling, I don't guess they will say anything about Heinz-kerry sitting there with a Barney Fife look on his face every time the camera was on him!
Yes, Heinz-kerry looks more polished, and may be a better debater. But Bush is the real deal, while Heinz-kerry is just a cardboard phoney!
Heinz-kerry is the type that most of us have run across before, someone who can argue and lie all day long, look good doing it, but at the end of the day he is still WRONG!
Hopefully the majority of the American voters can still see through all the smoke and mirrors, and vote for substance over style!
Old 10-09-2004, 06:03 AM
Host of Hosts

Bush won this one... Yes he could have hit Kerry with some more things about his voting record and also the first gulf war, but Kerry was spinning , stuttering at times , searching his words, and it was obvious. I saw the faces of the people in the audience and they were confused by Kerry's rambling. He didn't really ansewer the questions asked of him and he looked frazzled. Bush is a real person, not a lifelong politician who has done nothing but talk all his career. I think when Bush's 3 1/2 years of accomplishments are stacked against Kerry's 20 years Bush will have done more in 4 years than Kerry's 20. It a Fact! Look at the record.

The Democrats have been saying they were gonna get prescription coverages for seniors and fix medicare for as long as I can remember. NOTHING GOT DONE! Bush did something in his first 3 years. Is it perfect? No! It is however something other than talk and scare tactic.

Anyone who says Kerry won this debate is NOT looking at the substance of the debate. Kerry is a better Bull$hitter no doubt about it. But style is NOT how we judge people unless your from Hollywood . We judge people on performance records, honesty and integrity, sense of humour, backbone on matters that aren't popular or politically correct, decisiveness. These things make a good leader. Kerry has none of them that I have seen. If you want to chose a leader on acting ability learned in drama class or on the Senate floor for 20 years Kerry is your man.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I HAVE A PLAN, How many times did tomaotoe head say that last night? If he does let us hear it. I think Bush pretty well smoked him last night, I know for myself I feel one heck of alot better now after seeing him pretty well control things this round. I say Bush will still win this thing hands down. When it comes to our security kerry can't and don't know what to do, The people in America knows that and they also know who is able and willing to keep us as secure as anyone possibly can and that man is Bush. Kerry is a JOKE.

Quick Reply: Bush is hurting himself, lost 2nd debate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.