Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 What my son is doing for gun rights. >

What my son is doing for gun rights.

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

What my son is doing for gun rights.

Old 05-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default What my son is doing for gun rights.

My 11 year old son has a "demonstrational" project that he is doing today in front of his fifth grade class. He is just as much a gun nut as I am. He wanted his project to be about guns in some way and he thought he could demonstrate how to properly clean a gun.

He asked his teacher about doing this and she said that he could bring a pipe to simulate a barrel. I had him ask her if he could bring in a real gun as long as it was disabled. My wife and I talked to her and she talked to the principal and they allowed him to bring in a barreled action as long as I removed all of the working parts and that we would have to take and pick him up from school and not take it on the bus.

He took all the items needed to clean a barrel except for the solvents (messy) including cleaning rod, patches, & brushes. I drew up some safety rules and cleaning instructions for him to read to the class as he was demonstrating this with a picture of a barreled action with all the proper "parts" labeled such as the muzzle, crown, breech, etc... so he would be able to point all of this out to the class.

I never thought He would be able to do this in an elementary school in todays society but maybe there are still some rational people out there teaching our kids. I don't think I have ever been more proud of him. As well as the school for letting him do this project.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What my son is doing for gun rights.

That is truly wonderful news! Hearing about your son's interest and well-prepared presentation makes me smile from ear to ear. Keep up the good work, and I'm sure he will too.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:45 PM

i'd like to know what kind of reaction he gets from the kids and teachers who view the demonstration.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you for taking the time to be a responsible gun owning father.

Good job brother!

I would also like to hear about the aftermath when all the parents here about there kids learning how to clean a gun......
Old 05-28-2004, 12:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, Im kind of waiting on that too.

I talked to his teacher when I picked him up today and she said all went very well. He emphasized all the safety rules with fire arms before doing the demonstration and followed them to a "T". She said that he did an excelent job with the project.

My son told me that she made it very clear to the class that he did not bring a "gun" to school. I'm sure that they will get some calls though.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its good to hear fathers working with their sons to promote gun owning to the educational system.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:02 AM
Host of Hosts

EXCELLENT JOB, I THANK YOU!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great job by both you and your son!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

i have to pick my jaw up off the ground... i can't believe the school woud allow that... but i am glad they did! tell you son thanks for a job well done!
Old 05-29-2004, 06:43 AM
Host of Hosts

^^^
BTT

Quick Reply: What my son is doing for gun rights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.