Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 A GREAT idea ! Ya'll with me ? Handles ? >

A GREAT idea ! Ya'll with me ? Handles ?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

A GREAT idea ! Ya'll with me ? Handles ?

Old 04-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A GREAT idea ! Ya'll with me ? Handles ?

BMI testing for school teachers, faculty, administration, cooks, anyone employed by the school system. I figure, hey, is they are going to tell kids they're too heavy, too light or just right, why not buck it up and accept the same criteria.

We could go as far as to say that if the teachers aren't qualified in the physical area (the right body weight) its not a whole lot different than not being qualified based on knowledge.

Ya'll with me ?
Old 04-21-2004, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A GREAT idea ! Ya'll with me ? Handles ?

How dare you suggest that the Principal, Teachers, and School Board members be put on the same level and held with the same accountance as the students. Gees, what would the teachers lounge be like with out Krispy Kreme?
Old 04-22-2004, 06:24 AM

I'm with you Stealth but only if there results are published in the local news paper.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

stork - with pictures too ?
Old 04-22-2004, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think all school administrators and teachers should also be drug tested.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Thats funny, I didnt know the kids/parents were held accountable for this stuff. Are your kids held accountable for tooth decay or poor eye sight. I always thought the body mass measure was similar to the eye tests/dental screening. Simply trying to bring possible health problems up before they become a big problem. I didnt know they were kicking fat kids out of school. Body mass indicators have been around all throught school. Less hydrostatic weighing or caliper test, schools have always used a weight height ratio, remeber the presidents physical fitness awards/awareness. Body mass is a more accurate test. Now if they want a true measure, they need to use hydrostatic weighing.

Mental note:"do not ever think of moving to Arkansas."
Old 04-22-2004, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

burniegoeasily - the funniest part is the governor and school faculty thats agreeing to testing for youth obesity are themselves obese, overweight and out of shape. I say fix your own problems before you try and fix others, it at least makes what you're trying to de seem credible, you know ?

Fat teachers, fat principals and fat administration telling kids they need to worry about being ..... fat ?
Old 04-22-2004, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stealthycat

Fat teachers, fat principals and fat administration telling kids they need to worry about being ..... fat ?
Maybe they feel that there is little to no hope they will ever not be a fat slug and want to try and shape the future.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

How about testing all government employees? After all, we're paying for their healthcare. Maybe we can locate (and terminate) those who are obese from pushing paper with one hand and raiding a box of donuts with the other.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Yep.

How about testing all government employees? After all, we're paying for their healthcare.
Good suggestion. It could also expand to all of America. Think about it. Who is paying for a majority of grossly obese disabled persons, Joe tax payer.

Quick Reply: A GREAT idea ! Ya'll with me ? Handles ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.