Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Principal, teacher suspended for letting sex offender into school... >

Principal, teacher suspended for letting sex offender into school...

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Principal, teacher suspended for letting sex offender into school...

Old 04-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Principal, teacher suspended for letting sex offender into school...

There is a chance that since the offence occurred in '95 that he is "free" to be around minors again. I'm not sure the principal is at fault here. The teacher and her husband are if he hasn't gone past his "free" date.

I unfortunately know a guy like this, he couldn't come into a school for six years, but after that he was free to do what he pleased.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Principal, teacher suspended for letting sex offender into school...

Why in the heck do they suspend with pay?
Ordinarily I would agree with you about suspensions "with pay" this time however I tend to go the other way. I say this because there is a hearing scheduled for April 23rd at which the matter will be judged. If they are found "Guilty" of some malfeasance then the pay will or may be taken from them and or harsher penalties exacted, if there is some exculpatory evidence presented (at least on the part of the pricipal) then he/she has had a ten day paid vacation beyond his/her contract. In the mean time, some punishment has been started, immediately and publicly. Two careers have been placed in jeopardy due to the poor judgement of one or both parties. If the pricipal knew in advance that this man was planning to attend this event and knew of his past, he/she should be fired. The teacher whose husband was the offender, should be fired out of hand.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

driftrider
Thats what I meant. Im not up on legal jargon.[] I guess should say
slander and malice, or what ever grounds you would sue for in the case of
wrongful dismissal from work leading to a stigma making it harder to find a
new job. Ive seen it done in the school systems.

No offense intended of course.
None taken, I I dont mind being corrected when I mess up. It helps me learn from my mistakes.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can not believe something from Waynesboro GA is making national news, much less a topic on Hunting Net!!!

The only thing I will say is my son goes to this school.

http://www.thetruecitizen.com/
Here is more info on this from the little local paper.

Principal,Coordinator On Administrative Leave

By Jimmy Ezzell
True Citizen Editor

Two Burke County educators have been placed on administrative leave with pay and a third received a reprimand Monday, April 12, by the Burke County Board of Education. The two placed on leave were Burke County Middle School principal Linda Murray, for five days, and school curriculum coordinator Pat Hozey, for 10 days. They will face a hearing before the board on Friday, Oct. 23, at which time they could face disciplinary actions. The teacher who received the reprimand was Ethel Williams, and she was allowed to continue in her classroom.

The board acted after they learned that Ira D. Hozey Jr., of #@^%#%^% in Waynesboro, appeared April 1 at the school for a class music program featuring folk dancing. Hozey was invited by his wife, Pat, and the invitation was approved by Murray.

While no law was violated when Hozey went to the school, the board of education said it was inappropriate that a registered sex offender had been invited and participated in a dance number with one of the students.
Because the board of education does not have a policy banning convicted sex offenders from school grounds
, they have instructed board attorney, James Hyder, to prepare a policy banning any convicted sex offender from going onto the grounds of any public school in Burke County.
(Rest of Story in The True Citizen.)