Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Brainwash em' young! Kids, TV/ADD >

Brainwash em' young! Kids, TV/ADD

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Brainwash em' young! Kids, TV/ADD

Old 04-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Brainwash em' young! Kids, TV/ADD

Heard a not so surprising study on MSNBC this morning - a national study showed that kids from the ages of 1 to 3 are more likely to develop ADD by watching television. The study showed that for every one hour of television watched by this age group, the chances of developing ADD increased by 10%. The study also concluded that TV seriously affects the brainwaves in a negative way.

Interesting - dumb em' down, get the kids hooked on psycho-therepy drugs by the time they are 5, and what do you have? One brainwashed, easily programmable shell of a person.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Brainwash em' young! Kids, TV/ADD

ADD is a hoax, a farse, a ploy to sell medication to an "illness" that 99% of people "have" - a great gimmick for the medical community

Watching TV a lot isn't a good thing probably, but neither is playing viedo games or a bunch of other things that kids do.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stealthycat

ADD is a hoax, a farse, a ploy to sell medication to an "illness" that 99% of people "have" - a great gimmick for the medical community

Indeed it is, but who knows this? How many parents are programmed into thinking that "there must be something wrong with my kid"? Whatever you choose to label it as, TV is designed to help people shut down their brains.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

We always called ADD- adequate disipline disorder. Ill agree I dont like the idea of pumping these kids with medication, but I have seen, on a number of occasions, where these kids cant function with out it. Not saying they need it, they could have eaisly developed a dependancy on the drug before I get to work with them.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

TV is designed to help people shut down their brains.
Yep. Could be the big culprit in the Add thing.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

A story if you'll allow me ....

My wife is a runner. Shes been running for a couple of years and lives it. She's also had her share of injuries, aches and pains etc. She has been formulating a view on the why's of her running pains. Do ya'll want to know the "cause" ?

Shoes.

Shoes, in her new found view, are NOT designed to help your feet, rather they are designed to sell with new marketing gimmicks from pumps to laceless to velcro. Who drives the market on shoes ? Shoe manufacturers. Who decides if there are flaws in our feet that need correcting ? Shoe manufacturers. Who can make new products to help us ?Shoe manufacturers. Who profits from the newfound cause and cures ? Shoe manufacturers

So it often is with drug manufacturers. They CAN create an illness, CAN create the cure and make hundreds of millions along the way.

Hell of a concept, aint it ? Get the school systems to pass mandatoru ADD/ADHD drug administration and you're set for life. [:@]
Old 04-05-2004, 09:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

We always called ADD- adequate disipline disorder.
Ain't that the truth, my parents had a cure for that, it was called a spanking!
Old 04-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stealthy,
I think you are blowing smoke about the shoe thing. People do have different biomechanical needs when it comes to running and shoe selection.It isn't made up by the shoe companies. This is a big part of my educational background and something that I have had to deal with as an athlete my whole life. Wearing the right type of shoe can help prevent injuries wearing the wrong type can increase the risk of injury. If you are just making a statement that you aren't really sure of, please state that it is your opinion and not fact. Thanks.
As for the ADD, I'm not sure if it does exist, however on SOME kids SOME types of medication make a world of difference when it comes to schoolwork performance and behavior. I will never condone it for the huge number of kids that are on it.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Handles - My wife is ditching shoes altogether. She's convinced humans are NOT meant to wear shoes, that it throws our entire balance off.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/athens200...37/detail.html

CHULA VISTA, Calif. -- At the Olympic Training Center, track and field athletes are ditching their Nikes and getting back to the basics, and they think it could make the difference in getting them from San Diego to Athens.

There's nothing wrong with their shoes -- Olympic track and field hopefuls are training barefoot these days.

The shoeless athletes are jumpers -- long-jumpers, triple-jumpers, even a pole vaulter -- who are working on form, working to build speed. Running barefoot, says coach Randy Huntington, is the best way to do that.

"We do almost everything barefoot until we get on the track," said Huntington.

It's a theory not widely used, but Huntington is completely sold on it.

"We've got all these great shoes, but shoes modify how the ground feels, and also weaken the feet," said Huntington.

Huntington thinks that the athletes' feet are able to open up, squeeze the ground and strengthen the little intrinsic muscles that not only win gold medals but also help avoid injuries

This type of training is nothing new for the coaches here, but for the athletes it's a whole new experience and they say, once you go barefoot, you can't go back.

"Actually, it's much better -- I don't like to train with shoes on now," said Shakeema Walker, a triple-jumper.

Some of the jumpers said that they actually feel faster -- a mental edge that carries into competition.

"The big toe is the most important, and it's supposed to go up and to the top of the head," said Walker. "Sort of like a vibration, a vibration through the body, and it's kind of weird. I can't explain it unless you try and do it yourself."
Old 04-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stealthycat - I would say that if we as humans all went barefoot in everything we did in life, eventually we'd evolve into a tennis shoe, or at least have different feet.

Quick Reply: Brainwash em' young! Kids, TV/ADD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.