Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Anybody want 1.75 Quarts of ice cream??? >

Anybody want 1.75 Quarts of ice cream???

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Anybody want 1.75 Quarts of ice cream???

Old 03-31-2004, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anybody want 1.75 Quarts of ice cream???

My wife and I do not buy ice cream often, but we did last week, and do you know what? You can not buy a half gallon of ice cream anymore. It seems that all the manufacturers got together and decided that 1.75 quarts are all the people really want!

Product downsizing really torks me off! Just charge more, and let me buy what I'm used to buying. Don't try to deceive me by offering similar packaging at the same price, with less stuff in it!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2004, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anybody want 1.75 Quarts of ice cream???

I like the bottles of beer/wine that have an inverted cone on the bottom of the bottle to keep the volume down. Bottle looks large ... but isn't

How about a 40 ounce size bag of potatoe chips that has been crushed and filled with air so that it only contains 4 ounces ?

Or breaded shrimp thats 80% breading and 20% shrimp ?
Old 03-31-2004, 07:46 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: etothepii

My wife and I do not buy ice cream often, but we did last week, and do you know what? You can not buy a half gallon of ice cream anymore. It seems that all the manufacturers got together and decided that 1.75 quarts are all the people really want!

Product downsizing really torks me off! Just charge more, and let me buy what I'm used to buying. Don't try to deceive me by offering similar packaging at the same price, with less stuff in it!!!!!!!!!
I could be wrong ,
but the dairy may have reduced the product amount to something more compatible with metric measurement for sales to Canada and Europe . I can remember when a pint of whiskey was really a pint instead of 375 ml . 500 ml was closer , but they decided to get greedy .

Remember , this isn't the only market in the global economy , but it is the only non-metric one . Ever noticed how many products are also labeled in French ? This isn't because they're being sold in France , it's because 25% of Canada can't figure out that most of the rest speak only English . Canada is our largest market , and all products shipped to Canada must have French on the labeling and the metric equivalent of the weight .
Old 03-31-2004, 08:10 AM

Im sure this was done in the best interest of the consumer ......now when you think you ate a half gallon you only ate 1.75 .......indirect weight loss program
Old 03-31-2004, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I could be wrong ,
but the dairy may have reduced the product amount to something more compatible with metric measurement for sales to Canada and Europe .
If that was the case, then shouldn't they have lowered the price by one eighth as well?
Old 04-01-2004, 04:15 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: etothepii

I could be wrong ,
but the dairy may have reduced the product amount to something more compatible with metric measurement for sales to Canada and Europe .
If that was the case, then shouldn't they have lowered the price by one eighth as well?
You would think so ,
but in the current business climate of "more , more , more for us" the discrepancy is understandable if disturbing . If the product's being lessened offends you then try another product , it's the only statement you can make .
Old 04-01-2004, 04:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good one Slugman!
Im sure this was done in the best interest of the consumer ......now when you think you ate a half gallon you only ate 1.75 .......indirect weight loss program
Downsizing has been going on for over 80 years, when I was a kid a 5 cent Baby Ruth was HUGE! My mother said when she was a kid in the 30's that a Baby Ruth was a foot long! There are actually some products that have grown in size, sodas are one of those, I can remember 10 oz. Cokes, now they are all 12 oz. or larger.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-01-2004, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Worse yet, if you buy "reduced calorie" or "low fat" ice cream, you are just buying standard icecream with a whole lot of air whipped in.
Wifey and I were on a Ice cream blender drink kick for a few weeks. A gallon of regular icecream would make several blenders full of cool creamy booze, but then she bought a bucket of low fat stuff and I was wondering where the he!! the ice crean was going after it was blended- The low fat icecream only has about 1/2 the icecream as the same volume of the good stuff.[:@]
Old 04-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Briman ,
"low fat" ice cream has less solids(fat) than regular , and more low fat milk instead of cream . You'd be surprised how little cream is actually in modern ice cream . All ice cream has air whipped into it as it's being frozen , that's part of what the paddle does , and why it has holes in it . Ice cream wouldn't have a creamy texture if not for the air whipped into it . Have you ever let ice cream melt and then refreeze it ? The texture totally changes and the volume reduces . A friend of mine works for a dairy and took me on a tour of the plant once , which is how I know this .

Quick Reply: Anybody want 1.75 Quarts of ice cream???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.