Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Man in PA goes to the courts - he wants to buy a gun >

Man in PA goes to the courts - he wants to buy a gun

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Man in PA goes to the courts - he wants to buy a gun

Old 01-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Man in PA goes to the courts - he wants to buy a gun

A man in PA wants to buy a gun, but he can't....in 1962 he stole a case of beer, which at the time was a felony. If I get more details, I'll post them, I saw this on the local news.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Man in PA goes to the courts - he wants to buy a gun

whoa, 42 years ago? Time to get that record exspounged.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:57 PM
fng
Nontypical Buck

Thats the beauty of the legal system. In 20 years they can make farting in public a capital crime.

Like i've always said, cops are our first line of defense against the goobermint.

BTW: I got pulled over for no seat belts and given a 10 dollar ticket on monday. They can't do it, but I wasn't going to argue -- it's the week for "donations"....

sob's.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:22 AM

this guy needs to get a petition going. i would definately be willing to help him out with signature.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure the court of record in this case could easily grant him a "Certificate of Relief From Disabilities", which would allow him to possess firearms. In NY it was done all the time in the county where I lived, which was full of hunters, etc., who had had felony convictions in years past, but who had reformed. To find out how to get one, he need only check with the Clerk of the Court in which he was found guilty. He probably won't even need to retain an attorney to do it.

Interestingly, neither the BATF nor the U.S. Attorney would give our courts a definitive answer as to whether this "Certificate of Relief From Disabilities" met the reqiuirements of the Gun Control Act, so local law enforcement agencies treated the matter as though it did, and the Feds never objected....[8D]
Old 01-10-2004, 09:08 AM

SINCE THE BRADY BILL PASSED,I CANNOT IMAGINE RECORDS BEING KEPT OR PUT IN THE COMPUTER SYSTEM THAT FAR BACK. WHEN THE BILL PASSED,ANY STATE NOT PREVIOUSLY HAVING RECORDS IN THE COMPUTER,HOW DID THEY BECOME AVAILABLE TO THE NEW SYSTEM AND HOW WERE THEY OBTAINED OR INPUT?JUST CURIOUS HOW THIS WORKS BEFORE AND AFTER.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd imagine that he'll have to go through the proper channels and he'll end up getting the gun he desires. That is as it should be. It should NOT be automatic erasure of a criminal record after a certain amount of time has elapsed. Many criminals and lunatics are quite expert at staying under the radar for long periods of time.

We have those that walk with us that should NOT be allowed to purchase firearms.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

One way would be to get a pardon from the Governor ( in WI that is the case) but this can be tough they want to see that you have maybe performed community service and stayed out of trouble since this time.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

BTW: I got pulled over for no seat belts and given a 10 dollar ticket on monday. They can't do it, but I wasn't going to argue -- it's the week for "donations"....
Wrong, political breath !!!!! Wisconsin now has that law !!!!!