Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Masks Mandates Out Of Fear Not Due To Working >

Masks Mandates Out Of Fear Not Due To Working

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Masks Mandates Out Of Fear Not Due To Working

Old 05-11-2022, 02:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Masks Mandates Out Of Fear Not Due To Working

I pointed this out very early on that the government was lying to people about masks working. This lie, caused people to believe they were safe around people who all wore masks when in fact they werenít.

"Thereís only a couple of countries that have ever really done large-scale studies to try and figure out what might work. Japan, it may not surprise you, is one of them. In one of their large studies they basically showed that the masks, it seemed like the major efficacy of a mask is that it causes alarm in the other person and so you stay away from each other," said Garrett.

Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. Listen to The Rubin Report now.

"And thatís what I think happened with SARS. When I was in the SARS epidemic I saw everywhere all over Asia people started wearing these masks, and it is alarming, when you walk down the street and everyone coming toward you has a mask on, you definitely do social distancing, you definitelyóitís just a gut thing," she continued.

"But did the mask really help them? Did the mask keep the virus out? Almost certainly not. If the virus was around their face, the mask would not have made a difference," she concluded. "So I think this is an area that has always been under-researched, under-funded."
https://www.theblaze.com/news/laurie...eo#toggle-gdpr
Old 05-11-2022, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
I pointed this out very early on that the government was lying to people about masks working. This lie, caused people to believe they were safe around people who all wore masks when in fact they werenít.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/laurie...eo#toggle-gdpr
A pre-Covid opinion by a "medical journalist expert" (whatever that is), who apparently has changed her mind and is now pro-mask mandate? I'm not in favor of mandating anything, but this is hardly conclusive, particularly given that she provides a qualified opinion regarding an area that she says is under-researched and under-funded. Has there been funding and research that has changed her mind? Or is she now pro-mandate simply because she deems the mask-induced social distancing as a benefit?
Old 05-11-2022, 10:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Well, I go by over a hundred years of research showing masks donít stop airborne illnesses. I even posted a study which the administration forced the dental rag to pull which showed zero difference in viral load between dentist that wore their masks and ones that didnít. I will also point to the data we have from the Wuhan Red Death comparing like states and/or counties having the same results despite mask mandates in one and none in the other.

As for the fear, I agree with that statement. People do attend to avoid people who wear masks or for that matter are hacking. The problem comes in when the government advertises that masks actually work against the spread of airborne illnesses. Itís doesnít but many felt it did.