Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Major Diesel Shortage?????? >

Major Diesel Shortage??????

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Major Diesel Shortage??????

Old 05-17-2022, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ipscshooter View Post
Camouflage for the guys = BLM/Antifa signs and Che Guevara T Shirts. With those, anything can be set on fire with impunity...
I think the crowd would have to present itself a little less gender binary to confuse the Biden gestapo.

C. Davis

Old 06-04-2022, 03:58 PM
Dominant Buck

6.45/ gallon of off-road diesel at the marina. Wish I had topped off my tanks when I arrived many months ago at 3.25 a gallon but smart I topped them off last month at 5 whatever a gallon. This crap is nuts. I saw locally the diesel jump 20 cents in two days. How soon before gas rationing comes back?
Old 06-06-2022, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse View Post
6.45/ gallon of off-road diesel at the marina. Wish I had topped off my tanks when I arrived many months ago at 3.25 a gallon but smart I topped them off last month at 5 whatever a gallon. This crap is nuts. I saw locally the diesel jump 20 cents in two days. How soon before gas rationing comes back?
This is a side-track, but it is worth noting we are about to see the blossoming of a whole new category of energy woes. Like the gasoline and diesel fuel woes, this is a self-inflicted wound -- an unforced error. I think we are going to see severe issues with electricity this summer. This will manifest itself in higher electricity prices and in rolling black outs. I hope I am wrong, but I fear this is going to be a major issue as hot summer comes on and air conditioning electric loads sky rocket.

I say unforced error, because this is a totally predictable result -- just as were the liquid fuels price increases -- due to the aggressively anti-energy policies of the Biden administration. And I'm not an original predictor of this. The subject has been floating around for one or two months, but the guppy-brained media do not bring it up. They are too busy chasing the latest bright shiny object that has appeared, like Ukraine, or surging COVID cases, or the Amanda Heard trial. I feel these people -- the Biden administration -- are just happy goluckily walking into a buzz saw. We shall see. I imagine their response will be "Who knew! How could we be expected to anticipate this happening?!"
Old 06-07-2022, 02:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Iím looking to order a back up generator for my house. We rarely lose power because weíre right off the main highway feed. In the 20 or so years Iíve lived in my neighborhood, weíve lost power twice for any major amount of time ie a day or more. But with my wifeís business running out of the house and predicted brownouts this summer, Iím jumping right in and going to install a whole home unit. Originally I was going to just run part of my house but the heck with that, going big so Iím not inconvenienced. Isnít China Joe great?
Old 06-08-2022, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

diesel dropped 24 cents here yesterday, 5.559 per gal. but gas went up 40 cents 4.899/gal, crazy!