Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
CC States vs Death Penalty States vs State Color >

CC States vs Death Penalty States vs State Color

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

CC States vs Death Penalty States vs State Color

Old 03-05-2022, 06:14 AM
Spike

Lightbulb CC States vs Death Penalty States vs State Color

There are 21 states in America that are CC or permit-less. There are also 21 states that don't have a death penalty statute on their books. Six of the CC (constitutional carry) states are non-death-penalty states. Three of those six states are Blue and three are Red. Most of the CC states are both Red and have death penalty statutes. California, a Blue state, and a [reluctant] "may issue" state, is the most anti-gun state that actually has a death penalty statute still on its books, moratoriums notwithstanding. The three Blue CC states are: Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. They are all non-death-penalty states. The three Red non-death-penalty CC states are: North Dakota, West Virginia and Alaska.

Most Blue states lean both anti-gun and anti-death-penalty while most Red states lean both pro-gun and pro-death-penalty. I think this is an interesting correlation given the media controversy about the death penalty and gun control as "crime deterrents". I personally don't believe the death penalty is a crime deterrent (the first-degree murder rate is disproportionally higher in death-penalty states) but I do believe violent crime is more severely deterred in pro-gun jurisdictions.

Last edited by jonmyrlebailey; 03-05-2022 at 07:10 AM.