Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Military Exercises >

Military Exercises

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Military Exercises

Old 11-03-2021, 08:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Military Exercises

https://www.yahoo.com/news/uk-royal-...121424223.html

"UK Royal Marines dominated US Marines in a desert battle simulation, prompting them to surrender less than halfway through"

Not sure what folks expect when half of our guys' time is taken up with race and gender sensitivity training...

The next Commander in Chief (hopefully a Republican) seriously needs to purge leftists from the upper echelons of the military, and from throughout the government bureaucracy.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting to see our Marines having to concede to the brits in a simulation, but it's a small sample to derive any real data.

That said, I noticed that boot camp is run very different than when I was in. I was Navy and perhaps this doesn't apply to Marines, but I think they go light on recruits today, as well.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Many of the U.S. soldiers aren't really career military, other nations have a different system. Many of the German tank crews stay together for their whole careers and train together for decades not years. The Brits have career Corporals.
Side story, I trained with the Brits, my overall impression is they are nuts. I've seen them run up lanes between two firing machine guns many yards ahead of the live fire. Their two-inch mortar teams are likely to throw mortar rounds anywhere. You have to admire their enthusiasm but wonder about their common sense. We had a tank catch on fire, they were still shooting while we were fire fighting.
Old 11-05-2021, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MudderChuck View Post
Many of the U.S. soldiers aren't really career military, other nations have a different system. Many of the German tank crews stay together for their whole careers and train together for decades not years. The Brits have career Corporals.
Side story, I trained with the Brits, my overall impression is they are nuts. I've seen them run up lanes between two firing machine guns many yards ahead of the live fire. Their two-inch mortar teams are likely to throw mortar rounds anywhere. You have to admire their enthusiasm but wonder about their common sense. We had a tank catch on fire, they were still shooting while we were fire fighting.
I would like to add to this by saying they also have fully stocked bars on their ships. One of their ships joined us in the gulf back in the late 80ís and they offered us a tour. Like a dummy, I didnít go, but some of my shipmates did and saw tons of liquor onboard. One of them was given a Union Jack flag. That was pretty awesome to see up close.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

This reinforces the sense that we will fall behind the Chinese.
Old 11-06-2021, 06:16 PM
Dominant Buck

As long as the trans is happy, itís all good.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by chazspot View Post
I would like to add to this by saying they also have fully stocked bars on their ships. One of their ships joined us in the gulf back in the late 80ís and they offered us a tour. Like a dummy, I didnít go, but some of my shipmates did and saw tons of liquor onboard. One of them was given a Union Jack flag. That was pretty awesome to see up close.
Love this post!

I was in the Army from 82 to 85 in an Artillery Battery in Germany... During one of our training exercises we shared a motor pool with a British Artillery unit... They brought a mobile liquor store with them... I bought beer off of their truck, and spent two nights partying with the British soldiers... It was a great experience for me as a young man...
Old 11-07-2021, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Frankly this doesn't surprise me in the least.

I retired from active duty in 2014 after 25+ years of service. That means I served in the first 5 years of OBozo's regime. During that 5 years I watched the military go from being staffed at the upper levels by warriors to being staffed by political operatives. Someone that was made a one star flag officer in OBozo's first 5 years (and it takes presidential authorization to be a flag officer) would now be wearing three or four stars and would be in the upper echelon of the various branches of the military. I saw it happening when I dropped retirement papers. It was no longer sufficient to just be good at your job, if you wanted to make the upper ranks of both the officer and enlisted components you had to be of a certain political ideology.

I\of course I am certain that the various mindless minions, none of whom were career military personnel, will probably tell me that I didn't see what I saw.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Did you see the Navy has named a new ship after a gay guy(Milk) who got tossed for being gay and became a so-called gay rights activist. I guess they got woke, stinking shame, only with a dumbocrat person pretending to be President would this happen!!!.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-07-2021 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2021, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Oldtimr View Post
Did you see the Navy has named a new ship after a gay guy(Milk) who got tossed for being gay and became a so-called gay rights activist. I guess they got woke, stinking shame, only with a dumbocrat person pretending to be President!!!.
Yeah, I saw that. I'm glad I retired when the USN was still the best navy on earth. Sad to see what it is turning into, but my dog is no longer in that fight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.