Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
Please, OPEC, produce more oil! >

Please, OPEC, produce more oil!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Please, OPEC, produce more oil!

Old 10-12-2021, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Please, OPEC, produce more oil!

It is expected the Biden administration will ask OPEC to produce more oil. Evidently Biden in August asked Saudi Arabia and its allies to move more crude oil onto the market. This seems puzzling to me. Why would OPEC do anything that isn't precisely what OPEC sees to be most in the interests of its member states? Even more puzzling is why the Biden administration would throttle and impede US hydrocarbon production and then whine for OPEC to open the spigots further. I want to observe that the price of gasoline was $1.79/gallon last December during the Christmas season. The price of gasoline has been around $2.89/gallon around here (NE Oklahoma) for most of this year. I blame that on the Biden administration.

The article linked below speaks of these topics. It features a presumed expert, Daniel Yergin, guessing that the US probably won't have to ration demand for natural gas this winter . . . unless we have a very bad winter. Hmmm. Ration demand. That won't be very welcome to anyone if that happens. I sure am glad that guy who posted all those disrespectful tweets is no longer in the White House and instead we have Jughead Joe there who can't manage his way out of a paper bag. I wonder if he gave any thought to "what could go wrong" if he tampered with our excellent energy industry. Please, I invite people from Texas to comment upon the power problems that occurred in Texas this past spring. I have heard it said that federal agencies helped screw that situation up by impeding Texas taking reasonable and available steps to address the problem before so many people had pipes freeze and flood their houses.

Has anyone else noticed the pattern of incompetence in governance by Democrats, in every state, in every circumstance? They lack pragmatism. They live in a world of abstractions and ideology and can't really foresee the logical consequences of their silly policies. I can't forget the "great leap forwards" in China where Chairman Mao urged farmers to quit farming, build furnaces in their barnyards, and melt down their farm implements to make steel. What could go wrong?! About 30 million Chinese people died of famine in the years 1958-1961 as a consequence of the "great leap forwards." Joe Biden doesn't use the language "great leap forwards," but it is easily read between the lines of his marketing screed.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-lik...174410816.html

Old 10-12-2021, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Meanwhile, Biden administration looking into a ban on natural gas stoves, water heaters and furnaces.
https://news.yahoo.com/gas-stoves-an...ycsrp_catchall

This will triple people's costs for cooking and heating their homes, and it is immensely easier to cook over gas flames than electric.

California bans the use of gasoline powered lawn mowers, edgers, leaf blowers, chain saws, etc.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...pment-80500839

I bought a battery powered edger. Advertised as being able to edge an acre. I can't even finish both sides of a 55' long sidewalk.

Why do people vote for these morons?
Old 10-12-2021, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

china's production is way up since keystone was shut down, who ya reckon Biden will buy from?
Old 10-12-2021, 02:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Alsatian View Post
It is expected the Biden administration will ask OPEC to produce more oil. Evidently Biden in August asked Saudi Arabia and its allies to move more crude oil onto the market. This seems puzzling to me. Why would OPEC do anything that isn't precisely what OPEC sees to be most in the interests of its member states? Even more puzzling is why the Biden administration would throttle and impede US hydrocarbon production and then whine for OPEC to open the spigots further. I want to observe that the price of gasoline was $1.79/gallon last December during the Christmas season. The price of gasoline has been around $2.89/gallon around here (NE Oklahoma) for most of this year. I blame that on the Biden administration.

The article linked below speaks of these topics. It features a presumed expert, Daniel Yergin, guessing that the US probably won't have to ration demand for natural gas this winter . . . unless we have a very bad winter. Hmmm. Ration demand. That won't be very welcome to anyone if that happens. I sure am glad that guy who posted all those disrespectful tweets is no longer in the White House and instead we have Jughead Joe there who can't manage his way out of a paper bag. I wonder if he gave any thought to "what could go wrong" if he tampered with our excellent energy industry. Please, I invite people from Texas to comment upon the power problems that occurred in Texas this past spring. I have heard it said that federal agencies helped screw that situation up by impeding Texas taking reasonable and available steps to address the problem before so many people had pipes freeze and flood their houses.

Has anyone else noticed the pattern of incompetence in governance by Democrats, in every state, in every circumstance? They lack pragmatism. They live in a world of abstractions and ideology and can't really foresee the logical consequences of their silly policies. I can't forget the "great leap forwards" in China where Chairman Mao urged farmers to quit farming, build furnaces in their barnyards, and melt down their farm implements to make steel. What could go wrong?! About 30 million Chinese people died of famine in the years 1958-1961 as a consequence of the "great leap forwards." Joe Biden doesn't use the language "great leap forwards," but it is easily read between the lines of his marketing screed.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-lik...174410816.html
The word Democrat is interchangeable with the word incompetent.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter View Post
Meanwhile, Biden administration looking into a ban on natural gas stoves, water heaters and furnaces.
https://news.yahoo.com/gas-stoves-an...ycsrp_catchall

This will triple people's costs for cooking and heating their homes, and it is immensely easier to cook over gas flames than electric.

California bans the use of gasoline powered lawn mowers, edgers, leaf blowers, chain saws, etc.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...pment-80500839

I bought a battery powered edger. Advertised as being able to edge an acre. I can't even finish both sides of a 55' long sidewalk.

Why do people vote for these morons?
I saw the war on landscaping companies and began shaking my head. In a state thatís known for grass and celebrities who refuse to stop watering their lawns during a drought. Itís going to take a lot of popcorn to watch this all play out.
I bought the 80v battery wacker and blower. They both work well for basic stuff. However, just bought a new Stihl convertible for edging and wacking the thick stuff. Itís nice to have power tools when you have real work to do.

My big question, why arenít boats banned? While Iím just about to get started with coastal cruising in the USA, I do know my boat cruses @ 1.5 miles/1 gallon of diesel. Itís a tiny boat specially compared to the mega-yachts those celebrities and big tech folks own out there. I suspect theyíre much harder on the wallet just to even start and idle the engines for warm up. You would think they would go after them first if climate change was really important. I need to start a petition!

on a side note, I watched diesel go from 3.19 to now 3.50/gallon in just a week. Pork belly has jumped from $35 to $50/slab. My pig cookers needs a new axle (swallowed by a pothole) and picked out axle less axles at $500/set last month. This month, $660/set. Wtf??? One month change. Guess itís a solid axle going back on.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 10-13-2021 at 02:17 AM.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

One thing that makes Marxist revolution hard to launch is material prosperity among the plebeians. Marx spoke much about a lumpen proletariat. 'Proletariat' means the lowest social or economic class; the laboring class, especially the class of industrial workers who lack their own means of production and hence sell their labor to live. 'Lumpen' means dispossessed and uprooted. Do you really have a 'lumpen proletariat' when most folks can afford to buy a pretty nice iPhone, Michael Jordan shoes, a big screen TV, two cars?

Maybe these economic pains are not unintended consequences after all?!! Maybe they are necessary to effect the Marxists' communist revolution?!

With reference to Fieldmouse's post. Of course you know yourself that different rules apply to the elite versus the rest of us. So these economic pains are not going to impact these elites. Do you think any of them care what the price of a gallon of gas is? What a plane ticket costs? What consumer goods cost in retail stores? The adverse effects of a ban on small motors isn't going to ruffle the feathers of the elites, trust me. And I'm sure you know that yourself Fieldmouse. You say as much in your post, I'm just making the point explicit. You are right to point out the hypocrisy of these elites. If they were really sincere about saving the planet from global warming, wouldn't they stop flying in private planes? Wouldn't they downsize their houses?
Old 10-13-2021, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

What if the end game of all the government's moves are to accustom the people to be docile and compliant? Let's progressively remove guns from the private citizens, by hook or by crook, through a process of incrementalism. Let's get them to acquiesce in wearing masks all the time. Let's get them to stay home as much as possible -- better to ply their minds with our cultural messages through all the media they will be consuming since they are staying home all the time. Let's get them to fear their own shadows. Let's take a laissez-faire attitude towards left-wing riots -- a form of Herbert Marcuse's 'repressive tolerance' I might add, since any form of civil unrest by right-wing individuals is definitely quelled pronto and legal prosecuted. These riots will further instill fear.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Private corporate jets? Why arenít they banned? How many landscapers could keep their equipment running if we just stopped one jet? Hmmmm